( search forums )
Lose an arm or a leg..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Boer
January 27, 2005, 10:06 pm
I'm sure everybody has thought of it, why if you could shoot off heads, wyh not legs and arms?? imagine if youd stay alive without the leg, but be restricted to only crawling.
At least in survive mode it should b great..say if a bullet causes u to lose third< (remaining)health like a rugar one , or if you have 10 hitpoints left, any bullet could dismember you, should it hit the right spot OC.

the gfx should be simple, just paint invisible paint over the missing bodyparts.. maby a new animation for turning around while ur crawling should be added, but then you turn real slowly.

Deleted User
January 28, 2005, 3:27 pm
Hmm , I like this idea , originaly i quess :D

DT
January 28, 2005, 3:30 pm
losing a arm... can't duel wield 2 deagles... only one...
holding a gun that normal uses two hands would = less accuracy?
barret hits you and you only lose one arm or leg and live...
gerenades would be harder to throw...

frogboy
January 28, 2005, 3:49 pm
No. Would be nice as a graphical enhancement, but otherwise, no.

Mysterio
January 28, 2005, 5:36 pm
great!
and with one of your arms shot of, you would hold the gun with the other hand, and shoot 60% more unaccurate. that would be so great, compadre.

MOFO NOFO
January 28, 2005, 5:47 pm
NO WAY.. seriously, HOW WOULD YOU USE A LAW OR ANY GUN. nope M would NEVER impliment this into soldat.

Boer
January 28, 2005, 8:09 pm
ok theres obviously quite a few issues that need to be addressed like
*how you reload(slower and only while standing still{maby only while crouching?}),
*DE(one guns left, others attached to lost flying arm, firing spasm shots(not quite but could be ok)),
*Sniper mode (only while crawling),ruger(all guns except mp5,m79,pistol) inaccurate while running,
*grenades( with only one arm, a third weapons slot opens up,the gun is holsterd when you throw grenade{taking longer to arm nade} and is equipped again( or holster/throw away gun for faster access)),
*minigun and minimi only stable while crawling

I can only imagine the absolute truimph when scoring a kill(in survive mode especially) with the odds stacked against you like this. obviously all this happens only with very low health, therefore seldomly.

Captain Ben
January 29, 2005, 1:02 am
good idea, but i dont really think it would be good in soldat...

peemonkey
January 29, 2005, 2:51 am
searchhhh.......functionnnn.......

Keron Cyst
January 29, 2005, 9:15 am
It's a good idea, I can tell you, but Soldat's just too fast-paced for it. Sorry :-|

Mysterio
January 29, 2005, 10:26 am
this is what i want most to be added to soldat o.0

Magniitude
January 29, 2005, 3:12 pm
^ do you have to post in every topic? Stop star hunting.

On topic:

It would be ok as a graphical enhancement like frogboy said, but it would be a lot harder to play. Really wouldnt work well and everyone would get pissed.

mar77a
January 29, 2005, 5:07 pm
Mmm, Soldat is too fast, so it would be useless...

Svirin Kerath
January 29, 2005, 6:08 pm
i agree with mar77 and the others who came to the same conclusion. soldat is too fast paced. actually think about it.

you're running, fighting, you get hit and lose a leg. so you crawl and keep fighting. now you've lost your maneuverability and are a sitting duck. you die quite quickly. if you don't die somehow, you're mincemeat for the next person. if you lose an arm, you pretty much can't use any weapons, maybe the knife and a pistol, and the MP5, but you wouldn't be able to reload, and only the knife would be usable continually, until you threw it.

plus, it's not exactly realistic. if you get hit with a few bullets, they don't automatically rip an entire limb off. the only weapons capable of doing this would be the:
stat gun
M79 (a close hit)
nades (close hit)
barret
chainsaw
LAW (nearby hit)

possibly: minigun (a lot of successive hits) and ruger. possibly. maybe not.

it would be interesting to see the barret, LAW, M79, or nades do this, tho. that could make the game more fun. if you don't get a headshot with the barret, it'd take a limb off... this might be fun to implement. the sniper has to fire with absolute precision, or he gives away his position and you, maybe without a leg or arm, can shoot him with a pistol or toss a knife at him. same with LAW and M79. you'd need a very direct hit, otherwise you'd just de-limb them. this would be a way of taking away from the uber-ness of some weapons while still keeping them realistically powerful.

err... but, it's not really necessary. i dunno if the soldat engine could handle the stuff in the above paragraph.

Gen0cide
January 29, 2005, 9:54 pm
This would NOT work.
Your only full health for about 10 seconds an average run..You run out shoot and get shot,bang your already missing an arm and cant shoot.
Missfest.Nobody would be able to hit with less accuracy,and you wouldnt be able to play ctf,cause how would you run away?

Keron Cyst
January 29, 2005, 10:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystIt's a good idea, I can tell you, but Soldat's just too fast-paced for it. Sorry :-|

Mysterio
January 29, 2005, 11:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Gen0cideThis would NOT work.
Your only full health for about 10 seconds an average run..You run out shoot and get shot,bang your already missing an arm and cant shoot.
Missfest.Nobody would be able to hit with less accuracy,and you wouldnt be able to play ctf,cause how would you run away?

if MM made it so the lims falls off 1\4 of the times then.

Liquid Metal
January 30, 2005, 5:07 am
How about when you lose a leg and you still survive you get to live like 3 secs longer? During that time you can't reload or move but you can still shoot. Some of you might think whats the hell is 3 secounds going to do but if you run of out ammo you won't have to wait that long.

Gerwaldo
January 30, 2005, 6:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by BoerI'm sure everybody has thought of it, why if you could shoot off heads, wyh not legs and arms?? imagine if youd stay alive without the leg, but be restricted to only crawling.
At least in survive mode it should b great..say if a bullet causes u to lose third< (remaining)health like a rugar one , or if you have 10 hitpoints left, any bullet could dismember you, should it hit the right spot OC.

the gfx should be simple, just paint invisible paint over the missing bodyparts.. maby a new animation for turning around while ur crawling should be added, but then you turn real slowly.

u can already shoot off heads yaknow...

Boxo
January 30, 2005, 6:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by 2^32 doods
Soldat is simple, don't take away it's simplicity.

PaulCZ
January 30, 2005, 9:48 pm
good idea, no one shot = one leg/amr :) .. random(100) to lose leg or arm under fire

Alamo
January 30, 2005, 11:58 pm
I want to see you fight on after having lost an arm or a leg. This would rather lead to the possibility of scoring 'lucky shots' that kill your enemy instantly. But losing body parts? ... no thanks.

kwanfei
January 31, 2005, 1:28 am
i disagree with this
if u can lose arm, how can u use desert eagles and other guns that need two hands(like minigun)??

Alamo
January 31, 2005, 11:23 am
Practically any gun is two-handed. If you don't need your second hand to hold the barrel, you need it for reloading.

MakroX
February 1, 2005, 1:22 am
bla bla bla u people aint positive. it doesnt affect that much for u guys to whine, after all u die so quick to notice this. its just a reward for killing someone else.. like woa, u killed someone and u still walk and run and aim and [IMAGE] like nothing happened. sounds great, =P or at least add "slow movement when low hp" or something.

zarstar
February 2, 2005, 9:25 am
I think it can be a good idea for more realism, but ther is to think how to realize it..in Soldat if you are too slow, you'll die in few seconds..it's hard to realize it for the gameplay, even if I think that it can be a good idea...

evildude
February 2, 2005, 10:09 am
I think most people when they lose a leg/arm would type /kill (or /mercy to look cool). I would rather get back into the action in 5-10 seconds fully fit than walk real slow with no leg and take my chances trying to kill people on 10 health with no arm :P.

Good in theory but i dont think its good in practice. Just like communism.

Will
February 2, 2005, 1:39 pm
i dont like this idea, it changes soldat. maybe this would work in real mode only.

zarstar
February 2, 2005, 3:28 pm
I totally agree with evildude...but not totally for Comunism! :P

Meandor
February 2, 2005, 3:56 pm
Don't start it with politics. Or you die.

Alamo
February 2, 2005, 4:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by evildudeI think most people when they lose a leg/arm would type /kill (or /mercy to look cool). I would rather get back into the action in 5-10 seconds fully fit than walk real slow with no leg and take my chances trying to kill people on 10 health with no arm :P.

And there goes my idea to give -1 kills for selfkilling -.-

quote:Originally posted by MakroXbla bla bla u people aint positive. it doesnt affect that much for u guys to whine, after all u die so quick to notice this. its just a reward for killing someone else.. like woa, u killed someone and u still walk and run and aim and [IMAGE] like nothing happened. sounds great, =P or at least add "slow movement when low hp" or something.

1. I am not positive and i don't wanna be positive.
2. You just call us not positive because we don't support this lame idea? Maybe you should leave our opinion to us.

Michal Marcinkowski
February 2, 2005, 6:25 pm
Ah, this is one of my "original Soldat concepts". I tried doing this several times during the existence of Soldat but haven't found a way to make it properly. It would be very funny if people with no arms (no offence to anyone) would try to bite you.

Judge_Man
February 2, 2005, 7:31 pm
Rofl, like a zombie! But he would just die in no time. Would be really funny tho.

Make a Game mode that everyone has No arms and its a bite war!! hahahaha

Will
February 3, 2005, 11:48 am
.... or not

Judge_Man
February 3, 2005, 3:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Will.... or not

I was kidding.... And nice spam Will

MakroX
February 3, 2005, 6:56 pm
alamo, see? michael liked the idea. u dumb ass. hey why does barret hits ur arm and u die inmediatly? u should just lose ur leg or arm if u get hit there. and what if u lose health when u r bleeding? u cant live forever if u dont stop bleeding =\

diediedie119
February 7, 2005, 9:10 am
riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Keron Cyst
February 9, 2005, 12:03 am
quote:Originally posted by MakroX... what if u lose health when u r bleeding? u cant live forever if u dont stop bleeding =
I agree with that. 25% health or lower should very slowly decrease.

Deleted User
February 13, 2005, 8:19 am
in theory, you could reload by placing the weapon on the ground (best with heavier weapons), bracing it with a foot, and using the remaining hand to perform all the reloading actions. also, you'd pretty much have to lay down to use any 2 handed weapon, and automatics would be accurate for the first shot or so.

you could try putting it in soldat, but for it to be anywhere near realistic, people would get shot so many times trying to fight one handed that it would be worthless and would need to be taken out of the game.

however, i would like to see arms and legs getting shot off, but only at death (like head shots).

Boer
February 13, 2005, 6:04 pm
^ maby its just better that way. "Soldier of fortune" was very entertaining due to that!!!

Gen0cide
February 14, 2005, 12:33 am
quote:Originally posted by MakroXalamo, see? michael liked the idea. u dumb ass. hey why does barret hits ur arm and u die inmediatly? u should just lose ur leg or arm if u get hit there. and what if u lose health when u r bleeding? u cant live forever if u dont stop bleeding =

Um,how can it hit you in the arm if its a 2d game?
| how can it hit your arm?You don't have separate target areas,its just your chest legs and head,as one.
soldat^

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 1:22 am
Hey how about this,if you get hit in the arm you have to switch to your knife,socom or your fists and if your a armless legless stump then teamkill is enabled on you but it's really more of a mercy kill when one of your freinds shoot you,would look the coolest if a team mate whips out a pstol and aims for your head and goes "*sniff* i'm sorry" *bang* *bang* *bang* "whew best sex i'v ever had,god damn" lol jking

Deleted User
February 15, 2005, 8:09 am
Mybe when you die you could have all your limbs flying everywhere instead of only your head.
I would love to see that, just imagin, your blown away from an explosion and all your arms legs and other part go flying backward with a rush of blood, then all the parts bounce of the ground and into different places.

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 10:23 pm
I think only your legs and your head should be blown off and when your legs are blown off you slowly loose health and you have to move with your arms. You cant shoot while moving though.