( search forums )
Video compatibility
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
James Gregory
January 28, 2005, 7:47 pm
If I don't turn on "Video compatability" in the options menu then the top left quarter of the screen fills up the whole screen, so say the view should be this:

++--
**//

What I actually see is this:

++++
++++

Just out of interest, what is it that the video compatability option does?

I am using a GeForce 4 MX with the latest drivers, though I think it conflicts with my motherboard or something as I have issues with most modern DirectX games.

Deleted User
January 29, 2005, 2:42 am
For nVidia users, you have to use older drivers to get Soldat to work (I've had luck with the 4x.xx series of driver). This is called "Rolling back" your driver.

You can visit nVidia's website at http://www.nvidia.com/ and you'll find the drivers you need.

However, if you've just installed Soldat, try restarting. If that doesn't fix it, uninstall Soldat, delete the Soldat folder, reboot, reinstall, reboot, and then try playing the game.

James Gregory
January 29, 2005, 9:22 am
Once I turn on "video compatability" it works fine even with the latest drivers, which is why I was wondering what it does.

Michal
January 29, 2005, 3:57 pm
I think you can leave video compatability off, and just switch off antialiasing (if it is on :P). Then it should no longer be zoomed on the corner. Similar thing happened to me.

James Gregory
January 29, 2005, 6:08 pm
Ah, thanks, you are correct.