( search forums )
DM RicochetBeta - Unofficial Release
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Kazuki
January 29, 2005, 3:57 am
This map is beautifully created by LxS. However, as he explained that he might not be finishing it anytime soon and there have been some people that have asked me for the map I used in my Stunts and Commentary movie, I decided to release it for now. Liquidis told me that I have the permission to spread the map. I'm really hoping that he gets around to finishing it. It's a really fun map. Anyway, enough of that. On with the map.

Overview:

[IMAGE]

It doesn't look all too pretty, but it's not made to be. It works like this; you stand on the little colored arrow and put your cursor on the tri-arrowed spot of the same color. Most of these shots are made for LAWs, but there are many M79 possibilities as well. Also, not all the shots are shown to you. That's part of the fun, you have to figure out the best ones yourself.

Download: RicochetBeta - By LxS

I also have a dedicated server running the map 24/7. Here are the details.

Server Details:

Name: Ricochet
Port: 23073 (default)
Game Mode: DeathMatch
Weapons Allowed: M79 and LAW
Bullet Time: Yes
Friendly Fire: No
Bonuses: No

Enjoy.

Rambo_6
January 29, 2005, 4:42 am
I made a map called Ricochet a good while ago.... 0_o

It was a bullettime/ricochet map.

paramud
January 29, 2005, 5:58 am
good for you, have a cookie

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 29, 2005, 6:21 am
nice map kazuki. its a lot of fun. everyone should try it, because its something new and fun. The ramp or curve or w/e on teh bottom left is awesome.

MOFO NOFO
January 29, 2005, 6:27 am
YAY :) IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS, :cheacks game play later :(..:

Mysterio
January 29, 2005, 10:39 am
wow.. thats a weird map.
7\10

Kazuki
January 29, 2005, 1:17 pm
Not my map. :) Credit goes to LxS. I don't know if all of you know that. You may, but just by reading the comments, I got a bit confused. ;D

Thanks, G Diablo for changing the title of the topic. I forgot to follow the format. :) Anyway, the map is awesome, no matter how it looks. My server might not be great, but it serves as a place to check the map out with your friends without having to manually download it.

Edit: I forgot. Shouldn't this be a VAR map? It's not made for killing, but for ricochet moreso.

MOFO NOFO
January 29, 2005, 1:28 pm
hmm, i cant wait if this *EVER* gets fully done.. only time wil tell..

liquidis x snake
January 30, 2005, 5:27 pm
Who knows. Hahaha, maybe ;x

Hey thanks Kaz for going through the trouble of posting it up. I haven't been to the forums in two weeks. :x

Messiah
January 30, 2005, 5:43 pm
Nice Map LxS Good color and design. Keep those sexi maps coming! ;)

N1nj@
January 30, 2005, 6:58 pm
I had loads of fun with this. Good job lxs and kaz :D

Kazuki
January 30, 2005, 7:15 pm
No problem, LxS. :D

Does anyone want me to keep running a server? My computer is being an ass again, so I'll have to run it on my sister's computer. The only bad part about that is that it won't be monitored very often.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 30, 2005, 9:26 pm
yeah, it is quite laggy, even with just me ;). but just keep it going, since this is a really cool map.