( search forums )
CTF - Forest (Updated, Waypointed, Sexy!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Vijchtidoodah
January 29, 2005, 4:27 am
This is the second map that I have made, I actually made it before Ctf_Mineshaft (Shameless self-promotion) but I had been waiting for someone to waypoint it.

[IMAGE]

Download!
Special instructions for download: you should find the .PMS which goes in your map folder, and everything else (including the image that looks like a texture) goes into your scenery folder.

I hope you enjoy!

Update 1
--Fixed the shading issues
--The sharp edges have been slightly polished off
--Waypointing has been completed (Thanks Mar77a!) on the lower portions

Update 2 (I sort of updated this map for the map competition but never submitted it and never updated this post. Leo just reminded me about it, so here it is again)
--Fixed even more shading
--Altered the flag spawns

Rambo_6
January 29, 2005, 4:44 am
Looks promising, although i have to point out that little shading error under the red base ;)

Vijchtidoodah
January 29, 2005, 5:16 am
Yeah, I know. Once somebody decides to finish the waypointing, then I'll fix all of that stuff.

I gave it to Mar77a, but considering that's the third person who has recieved my map for waypointing, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edit: Hmm...I think the bases are switched around...

hashard
January 29, 2005, 7:59 am
Hemm, for me it looks good from the screen. But this mentioned shading error, arghh :)

Mysterio
January 29, 2005, 10:49 am
do you want me to waypoint it for you?

mar77a
January 29, 2005, 2:35 pm
"Error Loading Texture: ForestTree1.bmp"

Deleted User
February 4, 2005, 8:21 am
Looks pretty but there is shading problem ...Y_Y
but i like it...

Magniitude
February 4, 2005, 1:49 pm
Yea looks great. New and original. 9/10 because its almost perfect =]

chakapoko maker
February 6, 2005, 2:06 am
[+]
great map! i thought it was not so good on the overview but in game it has soldatity space. the flat platform is good for running. large, but proper sever setting makes this map very fun. lower route is well done too.

[-]
965 polygons are many. what have you done!?

Vijchtidoodah
February 6, 2005, 7:22 am
:)

Most of those polygons make up the lower portion of the map...I got sick and tired of those flat looking maps so I added a ton of polys to create a sort of smooth look, I think it's better quality that way.

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 4:30 pm
i never saw this, but since you updated it, i have a few comments: i like the gameplay (or at by the looks of it), but the giant trees are a little too much for me. other than that, the underground tunnels look great.

karmazon
July 14, 2005, 4:38 pm
gah the texture is ruining the map

Vijchtidoodah
July 14, 2005, 11:32 pm
Karmazon, it's not easy to find textures that work well with a stone sort of look, grass, clay, and trees all at the same time. Despite that, I still like the choice I made - it looks great and makes much more sense than a lot of other maps I've seen.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 12:52 am
Looks awsome, original, and definetly fun to play. Ill download it.