( search forums )
Map maker problems.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Harwin
January 30, 2005, 12:01 am
Is there a way to totally DELETE polygons? Scenery? Stuff? I cant find one single way. Not move scenery either.

Deleted User
January 30, 2005, 12:09 am
Polygons are easy to delete. Just read the manual. Scenery is a little harder, because once its there.. its.. there.

Your best bet is to place all your polygons first, do your shading, and then placing your scenery. Save every few places, and once you're happy with it, compile the map and tada. You're done.

Harwin
January 30, 2005, 12:19 am
The thing is, i made a great map but i had made a new folder for the map maker so it didnt find the scenery.

Then i clicked like heck and got mad becuse no scenery appeared on the map, then fogired it out and moved it to where it wass supposed to be.

Then, damn it, lots of bushes and stuff levitating in the middle of the sky.

Damn, i really think you should be able to delete scenery, maybe add so you can.. Aargh.

Vijchtidoodah
January 30, 2005, 12:31 am
Whoa Lapis, when was the last time you made a map?

Harwin, if you have the official mapmaker, click on the help button at the top of the screen. It should tell you the combinations of buttons to control everything.

To delete polygons: click on the polygon, the press and hold control and right click.

To delete scenery: click on the 'scenery' tab on the right, then click delete, and click on the corner of the scenery that you started with (for example, when you first placed the scenery, the corner that was under your mouse at the time; the one that the scenery rotates around when you move your mouse). Either that, or click 'Delete Last' to delete the scenery that you just placed down.

To move scenery: you can't in the official mapmaker, but if you find meitzi's EditPro it'll let you move them after placing them. Unfortunately, it uses a different file type so you can't switch between the official one and his, and you can't add waypoints to meitzi's.

To delete spawn points, etc: click on the 'make spawn points' button in the lower right corner, then select the delete option and click on the spawn point.

I hope that helps!

Deleted User
January 30, 2005, 12:41 am
Never, the map-maker doesn't work on my PC, remember? I was just going by the manual.

Thanks for the assistance, Vijchtidoodah

NightCabbage
January 30, 2005, 10:12 am
Also, just out of interest...

After you've "imported" scenery, you cannot remove it... sux eh?

Harwin
January 30, 2005, 2:16 pm
Michal, any ideas on upgrading the map maker a little? That would be a good addon if so. Be able to delete and move everything easly.

Deleted User
January 30, 2005, 3:21 pm
There are plenty of alternatives to the Map Maker on the forum. I believe there is OpenMapper and one other that are both very excellent updates to the Map Maker software.