( search forums )
Throwing the knife distance recorder.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Yeti
January 30, 2005, 11:51 am
Okay I got this idea just two seconds back when I threw a knife like at somebody 2 screens away whom was chasing me and capped him in the head.

How great would it be if your knife throw distance could be recorded...in say pixels. That way it will be easier to compare and contrast between different people.

Anyways what do you think?

Meandor
January 31, 2005, 11:49 am
I don't quite get the use of this.. Care to explain better?

Alamo
January 31, 2005, 12:07 pm
Useless.

evildude
January 31, 2005, 1:15 pm
Sounds like fun to me, then you could have your record fatal knife throw recorded as a stat for more bragging rights.

Alamo
January 31, 2005, 1:34 pm
It would be fun... I even agree with you on that one. But if you add everything that is fun the game will become totally overloaded with sense/useless stats. Plus, there are no ingame Soldat stats where you could display it. The stats are made by external programs.

DT
January 31, 2005, 3:45 pm
great then people will want it for every weapon
barretnoob: OMG THAT WAS HALF THE MAP AND 6000 PIXLES
RugerNoob: Mine was 7000 sucker
Barretnoob: NO IT WASN'T I HAD RECORDER ON IT AND IT WAS EXACTLY
*DT kills em both*
DT: SHUT UP

wormdundee
February 1, 2005, 12:18 am
hahaha

theres no such thing as a ruger noob

silly DT

MakroX
February 1, 2005, 12:32 am
well, why not say distance killed by weapon, in the death console? like saying i kill someone, with knife weapon, and then (distance: ###) and bla bla.. but actually, its useless =\ only good side of this, is for braggers. i hate it, so not good at all.

Milkman Dan
February 1, 2005, 12:36 am
if you put stuff like this is soldat would become so arcadey and have all these usless things like "5 points for long throw" "multikill! 10 points!"

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 1, 2005, 6:20 am
Sounds like somebody's been playing CS too much, with their full details such as You hit "So and so" in the "Body Parts" "Number of times", causing "Damage"

Krieg
February 4, 2005, 6:33 am
it would be rendered useless, unless. there is a lobby where you can have for your regestered users so you can look at their records and their soldat stats like, kill to death ratio, headshot counter or something like that, it would also make it alot easier to find people and tell them, "i can't join the 1v1, change the map or something"

Yeti
February 4, 2005, 12:14 pm
true enuff it is useless and soldat could become complete anarchy ...but what happened with bullet time...eh ..useless and annoying...and that got into soldat.

Anyways Id only consider it important with the knife...capping someone at long distance with the ruger is like childs play..but knowing how far you skillfully capped someone with a knife would tell you just how well/crap your doing... Too many times Iv had someone following me and and I throw the knife ( skillfully) and then they disapear off the screen and it caps em.....how far did it go....I wanna know.

evildude
February 5, 2005, 8:10 am
Maybe we can get someone to write an external program, doesnt sound too hard.

Captain Ben
February 5, 2005, 1:32 pm
yeah, unless michal m wants to put in the death section (the upper right corner whichs says who got killed and who died), 'captain ben threw his knife ???thousand pixels into that n00b'
i don't think it will work well...
i don't blame you if you didn't understand that... i broke my finger :(