( search forums )
My biggest gripe with Soldat;The human condition
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
January 30, 2005, 11:19 pm
People dont like to lose, everyone knows that. Well recently this has become some what of a problem for me on Soldat, you see I would say im an alright player at the game (not as good as you pros im guessing) but I do have some sprees in the game that do impress every once and a while. Anyways as of late I have been noticing that im getting banned from more servers than I can count on one hand, most importantly im getting banned from big clan servers like Apax Team.

Ill describe the resons I get banned by using the Apax team server as an example, usualy it's my favorite server just because it's a good connection, only 12 players and theres always a good skill level playing. Well this one time I was playing I throw a knife into the host from far away (fluke)... All he says is "good buy" and bam, im banned. Thats it no reason, no "your hacking your banned" nothing.

You guys more than most must have this problem because of your skill level at the game, how do you deal with it? I guess ill just continue hunting for servers that im not banned from with a decent connection... Oh and my apolagies if this is a gripe that all the new users complain about, I diddnt check the sticky (I know im a bad person) and just assumed it wouldnt be.

Marbire
January 30, 2005, 11:28 pm
I deal with it by laughing at the noobs.

[IMAGE]

Take it as a compliment, and then find good passworded servers.

Lt. Sneezy
January 30, 2005, 11:29 pm
This has been discussed many times before. In most cases, people use the vote kick function for stupid reasons, but occasionally admins kick for no reason. The problem: we need good admins and people who won't abuse the vote kick function. The solution: turn everybody into robots.

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
January 30, 2005, 11:30 pm
LMAO! I always play with that kryp guy he drives me insane! Everytime anyone playes better than him their hacking, usualy he never shuts up though untill others boot him out of the server.

Chakra
January 30, 2005, 11:33 pm
I deal with it usually by avoiding these servers. I stick to a few favourite public dedicateds and the SUS, playing with people I know as much as I do those I don't. Never been vote kicked, never had hassle.

Lt. Sneezy
January 30, 2005, 11:44 pm
Chakra's advice, but even in the SUS servers, complaining and arguments run rampant. I repeat, replacing humans with robots is the only solution!

Psyker
January 30, 2005, 11:47 pm
most apax folk i've met are gigantic asses

but yeah, find better servers to play in.

Deleted User
January 31, 2005, 12:50 am
I can't believe apax hasn't died out yet...

Unlucky 13
January 31, 2005, 5:37 am
quote:Originally posted by VendettaLMAO! I always play with that kryp guy he drives me insane! Everytime anyone playes better than him their hacking, usualy he never shuts up though untill others boot him out of the server.

It happens globally, too. We had a few players that if they were killed, they either...
Leave the server Call out "Hacker!" Put up a map vote straight away, saying "I hate this map."

Oh, I say I hate some maps, but the quality of some iiNet maps are APPALLING!Oh and by the way, Marb, does LP: a mispell of LOL?

Thats funny stuff Marb.

Teh Panda
January 31, 2005, 6:21 am
Hahaha. I got good laugh Marb. :D

Melba
January 31, 2005, 1:08 pm
Bonk seems like a fun guy :D

oh and "try to shoot and miss me, you can't"
- classic

person
January 31, 2005, 1:58 pm
unlucky 13:
Since those [IMAGE]ing awful maps started appearing on iiNet3, I stopped going there altogether. Ozzynode is the best server I have ever entered.
Plus, there are a couple of new + fast ones that for some reason, no one uses. I think they're called fasthost.com.au or something.

And the quality of opponents on iiNet can vary from good to [IMAGE]ups that plague it, have forced me to turn away.

On the topic of this though, Australian servers have been good to me. Never had a problem being kick-voted or banned by an admin, ever.

DT
January 31, 2005, 3:33 pm
when people do hack they don't get banned... what irony

MOFO NOFO
January 31, 2005, 3:46 pm
you forgot iinet 1 -.-, there is also the -|AE|- serv, |]XX[|serv and soon to be the TK serv (mine :D) ,and the only bad map in iinet3 is mars.. so, meh? also, u13 whats ur avatar, it looks like flashing colous o.O

Morik
January 31, 2005, 3:56 pm
would the guy that kicked you...name be dasake?

Magniitude
January 31, 2005, 9:55 pm
We should have a dedicated server for forum users. We could post a password so we play with people we know and trust. I've always wanted to meet some of the people on here, so it could be a great place to meet up.

Chakra
January 31, 2005, 11:34 pm
Gee I can't think how such a place could be concieved, let alone exist... *coughs loudly*

Deleted User
February 1, 2005, 12:11 am
*wipes Chakra's spit off of shoulder*
*points to "secret" servers*

wormdundee
February 1, 2005, 12:17 am
hahaha...that's great chakra, no telling now :D

Deleted User
February 1, 2005, 12:40 am
quote:Originally posted by Morikwould the guy that kicked you...name be dasake?

Hmmm, cant remember now it was a few nights ago. I remember he wasnt even carring an APEX tag, just a |insertname| or something to that regard.

MOFO NOFO
February 1, 2005, 6:24 am
hmm, people kick banning you sucks,.

Green Barret
February 1, 2005, 6:18 pm
Happens alot to me, especially when i use the ruger. I'm not even that good with it!

Will
February 2, 2005, 9:31 am
if someone calls you a hacker... just go kill them more. its funny.

KnOt
February 2, 2005, 3:51 pm
HAX.. haxhaxhahxa .. I should know how you feel.. ( the haxiest of them all, speaking) .. That's right.. being haxy doesn't really mean you're using hacks or whatever.. It just means you own and are hard to kill :F