( search forums )
Best Guerilla War Map? Guerilla Warfare in gen..?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Marine
January 31, 2005, 2:54 am
Most of the time, as we all know, Soldat is a fast paced shooter, where anyone who stands still is mincemeat. But over time, I've seen some, few but some, high quality guerilla/urban warfare maps be produced. One of these that I have begun to see pop up in the lobby server is INF_Stalingrad. To me, this is the ultimate urban warfare map out there. There are so mant different buildings and fortifications to hide in in the city, perfect sniping and ambush positions.

The other day I played a game as "Soldier" in INF_Stalingrad, and it was a 3v3. This was the most unbelievable game ever. My teammates and I actually cooperated and formed detailed, complex ambush plans and reconnisance missions. Unfortunantely, red was less cooperative, and fell for our traps every time. Usually our layout was one of us had Barret, the other a Minimi, and the other an auto of some sort or a Ruger. Combined with our grenades and LAWs, we made mincemeat out of them in the chaotic firefights in the city.

So, discuss the potential for guerilla warfare in Soldat, any good guerilla warfare maps you know, and if you prefer traditional soldat over urban/guerilla soldat?

paramud
January 31, 2005, 3:20 am
where can i download this "INF_Stalingrad"?

mar77a
January 31, 2005, 3:42 am
Search?

frogboy
January 31, 2005, 4:04 am
By using the search engine.

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9455&SearchTerms=Stalingrad

lieroguy
February 4, 2005, 5:26 pm
Sounds excellent. I'm downloading that map now. I'd like to see more maps like that. It would probably be better in Realistic mode, since it's hard to ambush or hide from someone who allready sees you're there.

EDIT: A nice map, but I couldn't see anything, thanks to the obstructing scenery

17sniper17
February 8, 2005, 9:01 pm
That map blows. I can hide anywhere and "pwn" anybody with the barret, and they'll never even see me. Grasses and mesh are good and traditional guerilla objects, but those solid buildings promote too much barret and m79 camping without hope of even being found. It would be so easy as to be boring.

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 9, 2005, 12:58 am
Stalingrad, although a very good eye candy map, does not have much gameplay value because of campers. If you want Gurilla warfare, just play Lagrange on Survival and Realistic, theres places to hide without it being tedious.

lieroguy
February 9, 2005, 6:11 am
Thanks, Lunarfox. I totally agree. Lagrange is an awesome in-the-trenches default set map, and with survivor and realistic on, you've got the high-damaging and wacky recoil, and Survivor's prospect of death being VERY bad, that keeps people in the trenches where they belong.

AerialAssault
February 11, 2005, 3:49 pm
Ratcave is the best guerilla warfare map, ooohh the tunnels...

Elemental
February 12, 2005, 6:51 pm
Yea, Stalingrad is a pretty cool map. I had the same experience with another map though, INF_Iraq..One of my favorite INF maps. UNfortunately, I had to reinstall soldat, and now i dont have it:(..I'll find it though!!

Droopy
February 12, 2005, 9:45 pm
inf_iraq sux(in my opinion)

BTW: aaaww.. no swearing?

Dathker
February 14, 2005, 12:53 am
marine, it doesn't really mean that they are always gonna bee like that for that map. and if you wan strategy in a game, join a clan.