( search forums )
Well, it seems the "I win" topic has frozen...
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Unlucky 13
January 31, 2005, 6:31 am
[IMAGE]
Thats what i get (without the blur and wind blur, I was playing around with Photoshop at the time).
It seems you can post from the other empty pages, and every other working page, but I think it was because of too many quotes/horizontal rulers. I made a few posts with all HRs but I never meant it to do harm. 0.o It seems that could be an easy way to freese a topic... It should be fixed.
Oh, and just for clarity, it said that as if MOFO NOFO was its poster, but I expect that as a bug. And the Post buttons weren't there.

Deleted User
January 31, 2005, 6:43 am
Weird. That's all I have to say.

n00bface
January 31, 2005, 6:53 am
Just illegalize quote trains and all forum problems shall be solved.

Hitman
January 31, 2005, 11:24 am
quote:Well, it seems the "I win" topic has frozen...Thank [IMAGE] for that.

As far as I can remember that thread hasn't been a positive contributor to the forums, and has caused nothing but problems. Not only are the page numbers incorrect due to its length, but the forums always slow down every time some prick opens it to write 'LOL, I win!!! Next person to post is a boobieface!!'.

Great, it's the longest thread on the forums, and it's been here since the start...but who cares? It's just another form of a card with 'Please turn over' written on both sides. Seriously, I think it's about time that topic gets deleted.

DNA.styx
January 31, 2005, 12:57 pm
Ban news Hitman: it's fixed.

The paging bug has been known to me for years and is an issue with any thread more than one page, you are the first person to mention it :)

The thread is harmless, the hit on the SQL server is minimimal, I would like to change back how it appears in active.asp tho, so that it doesn't list _all_ the pages, just the first and last 5.

Alamo
January 31, 2005, 1:53 pm
yay :) It works again... and I'm the winner :)

Unlucky 13
February 1, 2005, 4:13 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceJust illegalize quote trains and all forum problems shall be solved.

(No this is a quote, not quote train)
I really think you should limit the amount of quotes and horizontal rulers in a post, E.G: A maximum of 5 [quote] & [/quote*] per post, and a maximum of 5 [hr*] per post. This could be done by scripting a bot that tracks down if too many [hr*] and [quote][/quote*] are used per post, and will delete/replace with a predefined text in the area where they were posted. This would stop quote trains etc., but can you do it?

DNA.styx
February 1, 2005, 8:49 am
"This would stop quote trains etc"
Responsible forum members can stop quote trains, the mods and myself will also do our part to discourage them.

b00stA
February 1, 2005, 1:29 pm
styx, what do you think about another way of displaying quotes?
Maybe you could replace the <hr>'s with a table and a slightly different background color? It'd save some space and look better imho.

Edit: for example
[IMAGE]
the BG color of the quote is the average of the alternating BG colors of posts.

n00bface
February 1, 2005, 6:10 pm
oooh, b00stA made a graphical quote train!

I like the idea though, but what'd you do for a quote in a quote?

Tha Doggfather
February 1, 2005, 6:35 pm
frame in a frame?

blackdevil0742
February 1, 2005, 6:37 pm
b00stA's suggestion sounds good