( search forums )
Everytime I run the game the screen goes blank
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
January 31, 2005, 6:39 pm
The game worked before but now I can't even play. what do I do? please help

Deleted User
January 31, 2005, 7:09 pm
We need a bit more specific details, sdrxzero. What's the problem? Do you have any error messages? etc.

NightCabbage
February 1, 2005, 2:32 am
Primary cause of the screen going black is if you have "Force Software" selected. I really wish Michal would remove that... it never works...

Soldat Setup (config.exe) -> More -> Force Software - untick the box

Or it could be a different problem, in which case we'll need more details...

Yerond
February 9, 2005, 1:49 am
I'm having the same problem, except, I absolutely -have- to have force software ticked on to make soldat work (if I don't the comp freezes)

Deleted User
February 9, 2005, 2:27 am
We need more details, people.

Operating System, RAM, Video Card, and the steps you take to recieve this error, please?

Futile
February 11, 2005, 6:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by NightCabbagePrimary cause of the screen going black is if you have "Force Software" selected. I really wish Michal would remove that... it never works...
[...]

<offtopic>
I beg to differ. Don't give Michal any wierd ideas. Force Software has been my salvation many times over, when playing Soldat on odd hardware (mainly laptops with odd (read. SIS) graphics curcuits).
</offtopic>

I too suffer screen-blanks, but only when switching to the desktop and back, or if I put another application in fokus at a "bad" time (startup for instance). I don't really consider my issues a bug though.