( search forums )
VAR Ni's China (knife only map)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
February 1, 2005, 12:45 am
This map is made with the Combat Knife only in mind. If you change Skin_Color=0 in Soldat.ini and your clothes to black, you become invisible while not holding the knife (and also when you change to an empty primary weapon slot with the Q button).

While you walk or jump your shoes can be seen. Most people that succeed setting their skin colour to completely black, really like this map. However, many pepople have had problems with finding out how to do that. I suggested at the suggestion board an option to force clothes & skin colour from server side, it would really help out.

[URL]
[IMAGE]

The Geologist
February 1, 2005, 12:52 am
Is that the whole map or just one part of it? Looks sexy either way.

Deleted User
February 1, 2005, 12:56 am
Hopefully the map is bigger than just that. It's a good idea though, invisible knifing matches sounds fun. It'd look great if you had one of those goof-mods for the knife. I can just picture it now...a bunch of Chakra's heads flying around an oriental scene..destined to kill someone...

Vijchtidoodah
February 1, 2005, 1:35 am
Sounds exactly like that Ninja kid's Night of Ninja server. He did the same thing but with a modified arena 2.

Oh man. That was sooo much fun...

Deleted User
February 1, 2005, 2:19 am
It's a part of the map of course :)

Felix
February 1, 2005, 5:34 am
it looks like good :)

Deleted User
February 1, 2005, 3:01 pm
I played this all night yesterday with Nifflas, and it was REALLY really fun :)

DeMonIc
February 1, 2005, 4:25 pm
You can make overview pictures by zooming out in the mapmaker :)

The map looks promising, it should be fun with real mode :)

_Mancer_
February 1, 2005, 7:43 pm
Uh theres nothing in the zip file...

MikeShinoda.pheonix
February 1, 2005, 9:28 pm
YEEEEESss!!!! i played in your server one day and that map was awesome!! i was going to post it for you but i forgot... and lost it. Yey!

Deleted User
February 2, 2005, 2:04 am
Mancer: You sure your browser didn't remove it from the file cache before your zip program had time to open it? It's extremly common, you should download the zip to your hard drive before you try to open it.

blackdevil0742
February 2, 2005, 6:13 am
looks nice

Yukwunhang
February 3, 2005, 2:05 pm
Quite nice...is your server dedicated?

Deleted User
February 3, 2005, 3:43 pm
This map [part of it] looks really nice ...better to try it ...

djmirage
March 4, 2005, 6:44 pm
This map really rocks :)
ow and hi nifflas :)
Ninja rox :D

MercyM
March 4, 2005, 6:47 pm
This looks awesome, I've gotta try this out.

Rhombus
March 4, 2005, 6:51 pm
I just want you to know, the chance of finding a ninja in China, is just as big as the chance of finding a kangaroo in the alps. However, the chance of finding a ninja in Japan is much bigger.

Darkspirit
March 6, 2005, 3:37 pm
Deadly sexy map! Good colours and ground shading, it's a great gameplay. So please, put an overview of the map, not only a screenshot.

Melba
March 6, 2005, 3:52 pm
Who the [IMAGE] are you to tell me i'm not 'allowed' to use other weapons than knife?
huh? HUH?

Alamo
March 6, 2005, 3:55 pm
He's a map maker... And he just says it is intended to be used with knife only. You can do whatever you want ... unless you join a server where only the knife is allowed...

Would you flame an admin of such a server like that too? :) But well... I know you're just kidding ^^

numgun
June 25, 2005, 5:11 pm
can some1 revive this map link too? i like the idea... its like being stealthy...

Hitman
June 25, 2005, 5:32 pm
Picy no worky!

Deleted User
June 25, 2005, 6:00 pm
prolly because it 5 months old!

numgun
June 25, 2005, 8:13 pm
some1 have it? PM me please! (note:i mentioned the magic word) ;)

grand_diablo
June 25, 2005, 8:22 pm
friggin READ and UNDERSTAND the stickies and DONT revive such old topics. Use the PM feature, that is what its there for.

numgun
June 26, 2005, 3:56 pm
u have it? :D PM me it! XD LMAO