( search forums )
Meat shield!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Captain Ben
February 1, 2005, 6:50 am
the name explains my idea pretty much:
the option to grab a dead soldat and use him as a 'meat shield' which is just using the player as a half arse shield.
players could pick up a dead teammate or enemy in the middle of a fire fight and hide behind one until the enemie's fire tears the body apart, and by then they could be returning fire, etc.
i think players would have to drop their current weapon to pick up a body anduse the mouse to swivel the body around in front of the enemy's bullets, and if the need arises, throw the body away with the 'drop weapon' button.
i guess though that if this idea ever made it into the game, bodies would have to stay, even when a player respawns.

tell me what you think!

Deleted User
February 1, 2005, 2:08 pm
yaaah ! i like it!

peemonkey
February 1, 2005, 4:47 pm
seaerch function.

Green Barret
February 1, 2005, 5:48 pm
I like it. BUT it would catch some pretty big attention. Bad attention. On the media. Heck, the media is blaming Counter Strike for 'teaching young children acts of terror' like planting bombs.. lol

papasurf31
February 1, 2005, 7:45 pm
^yes, cause waiting for an orange bar to load up is the same as arming and detonating a real bomb. Media and politicians who don't like video games should be shot. Their families too. And their dog.

Oh yeah, I like this idea. But what happens when they respawn and you're left full of bullet holes? Does the corpse still stay there even if their alive? Would it be possible for you to protect yourself with the dead corpse of the guy whose shooting at you?

Tribersman-FR
February 1, 2005, 8:06 pm
don't forget ... it's a realistic game !!

not a simple shoot game with nuclear missile and other ...

peemonkey
February 1, 2005, 8:14 pm
jetboots.

Alamo
February 1, 2005, 8:38 pm
that's one of the dumbest soldat suggestions i've heard in a while.

?
February 1, 2005, 8:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Green BarretI like it. BUT it would catch some pretty big attention. Bad attention. On the media. Heck, the media is blaming Counter Strike for 'teaching young children acts of terror' like planting bombs.. lol

Yeah we all now how closely the media watches soldat....

damnnation
February 1, 2005, 9:10 pm
i think someody has been playing haf-life2 a teeny-weeny too mutch with the gravity-gun...
i don't like it, it wouldn't fit in

paramud
February 1, 2005, 10:34 pm
yeeeah! search button!

Deleted User
February 1, 2005, 11:01 pm
I like this idea, even though it might not work to well as Papasurf pointed out with the bodies disappearing issue. Instead of just shunting this idea away to never be seen again, how bout make it for....survival mode?.

*gasp* I didn't say it should go to realistic like every other flamed idea!

Oh and on a side note, this idea has been suggested numerous times before, though I still like this idea.

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 2, 2005, 3:33 am
I like it, but I believe that it should be tested on Survival mode first to see how its like.

frogboy
February 2, 2005, 4:48 am
quote:Originally posted by paramudyeeeah! search button!
yeeeah! hypocrite!

Anyway, I don't like this, it would be kind of difficult to code IMO, and it would be impossible to fire weapons like Deagles, Minigun and LAW. Sure, Soldat may not be realistic, but it isn't completely unrealistic either, like this idea.

Duke33
February 2, 2005, 5:04 am
No.

Lame--just think how it would look, this guy holding up a dead boy the same size as himself with one hand and firing with the other? And with two handed weapons? So it'd just float? Or what?

Laggy--all the extra bodies, be doing pretty much what the holder would be graphically and such, for movements and flopping, etc [logically, but correct me if i'm wrong]

Captain Ben
February 2, 2005, 8:48 am
if you read what i said, i meant that you could only have a body or gun; is that so HARD?

MOFO NOFO
February 2, 2005, 9:21 am
this is cool, too bad it wont be implimented.. BUT it COULD be a possibility with survival mode?? or it could be shown in the 'Options' tab so servs can choose whether or not they want this added (by servs i mean ppl who control them ;D )

Will
February 2, 2005, 1:40 pm
no. just no. maybe in real mode.

The Geologist
February 2, 2005, 4:24 pm
That's it, shove another idea onto real mode...real good suggestion Will. Been suggested, and been shot down. Duke said it all anyhoo, this idea presents problems that need to be worked out before any "meat shields" appear in game.

Will
February 3, 2005, 11:46 am
sorry i always say to shove stuff in real mode.

i rethought it and i dont think this would work.

MakroX
February 3, 2005, 7:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tribersman-FRdon't forget ... it's a realistic game !!

not a simple shoot game with nuclear missile and other ...

ok, is this game is realistic.. why there is an extra realistic mode? what a dumb.
i like the idea, and why pick all body? just grab the chest and leave legs+head on the floor since thats useless :P or something.

why not just add combat functions? like martial arts.. with no weapons, click to punch, f to kick, and extra button called "action" like to grab ur enemy or teammate(when friendly fire on) and throw him. =\ i know its fast paced for this, but its a small detail that adds perfomance and funny things to the game, just like /piss

CamBot
February 4, 2005, 12:29 am
When the body got destroyed to much it would come apart like when you blow someone up and then disappear.
Set number of bodies?
You can't pick it up if you have a gun.

peemonkey
February 4, 2005, 1:56 am
/\let's kill him
|
|
|

MakroX
February 4, 2005, 4:28 am
*lol*

Krieg
February 4, 2005, 6:24 am
its a good idea, cliche or not, you should be able to pick up bodies but you have to drop your gun and 1 out of 2 bullets hit you

Captain Ben
February 4, 2005, 6:36 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey/\let's kill him
|
|
|

okay dokay...

lastpatriot
February 5, 2005, 11:55 pm
It's a good idea, but it would cause a LOT of lag.