( search forums )
Friendly fire indicator
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Boer
February 1, 2005, 6:08 pm
Just a simple suggestion- something to let you know if you killed your own teammate. It could just say "you killed boogieman" in another color(green?). Aaand, if you were killed by your own team mate.

Meliadoul
February 2, 2005, 4:01 pm
This seems to be rather pointless. For one, you should already know whos on your team already, and when you kill them you should realize that you've killed a teammate. Besides that, there is really no advantage, strategic or otherwise, to this and just ends up being pointless coding time for MM.

Alamo
February 2, 2005, 4:08 pm
I really think this is a good idea... Laugh at me if you like but often when I change teams (I am not a regular teamgamer) I often just shoot the same color as before... If there was an FF indicator maybe like ... a changing CH when hurting teammembers or maybe something else... I would stop :)

ummm Meliadoul: <center > </center > for you signature (no spaces in the tags) ;)

Pulp
February 2, 2005, 5:32 pm
Would be actually nice to see this been implemented. I like the idea of a green killmessage for a friendly fire kill.

And Meliadoul, I think Michal is able to decide by himself when coding something is pointless or not...

Michal
February 2, 2005, 5:39 pm
I have not seen any friendly fire games for a long time...
Anyways I think a green kill message would be good.

blackdevil0742
February 2, 2005, 5:40 pm
I like it

The Geologist
February 2, 2005, 5:56 pm
Same here...not a lot to it, but it'd be, for the lack of a better word, "nifty".

Deleted User
February 2, 2005, 6:05 pm
I like it too , it will be cool to see a greenkillmessage when u kill your mate :P

peemonkey
February 2, 2005, 6:26 pm
like idea, dont like 2nd guy to post.

damnnation
February 2, 2005, 7:06 pm
i like this idea it would just say (TK) like this: (TK) You Killed Commando!!

Judge_Man
February 2, 2005, 7:24 pm
*laugh at Alamo*

You have eyes. They have the capacity to see different colors.

(Not aimed directly to you Alamo. Everyone)

mar77a
February 2, 2005, 9:36 pm
I like this idea, but i also want to add, that the server should display at the greeting messag, if friendly fire is on...

Meliadoul
February 3, 2005, 6:34 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeylike idea, dont like 2nd guy to post.

I play for 2, maybe 3 years, try and come into the forums, and this is the response I get. I'm sorry for having an opinion, really.
Anyway, I still think this is redundent, not useless, just redudent. To include it would not detract from the game whatsoever.

Being in the forums was fun while it lasted.

Deleted User
February 3, 2005, 7:20 am
I have a better idea. Make the text colors customizeable.

MOFO NOFO
February 3, 2005, 9:16 am
yes, i agree with lapis, thats a VERY good idea.

Will
February 3, 2005, 11:34 am
good idea

:P