Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
spydark
February 2, 2005, 3:47 am
i dont know if you know madness combat but this is one map i made

[IMAGE]

DL: [URL]

Felix
February 2, 2005, 5:53 am
hm,it looks like difficult to play in it with all the platformes..
but,good work :)

Vijchtidoodah
February 2, 2005, 6:42 am
You're going to need to make a .zip file with both the map and the texture that you used, otherwise it'll look like total crap...um, but it actually looks like crap anyway.

Call me crazy, but I like maps with scenery, shading, an interesting layout, and actual time put into them.

I'm being so harsh...

Boxo
February 2, 2005, 3:50 pm
What he said ^ ^ ^

How much did making this take you? 5 minutes?

peemonkey
February 2, 2005, 6:27 pm
howabout a pikshure?

The Geologist
February 2, 2005, 6:52 pm
Are you blind? There is a picture, and it's of a bad map.

Rambo_6
February 2, 2005, 7:59 pm
So his map is a box with a red x?

Cookie.
February 3, 2005, 2:13 am
haha ramb0 that gives me a great idea for a map XD

peemonkey
February 3, 2005, 3:18 am
that's right. im blind, but have managed to post around 3000 times. :P.
the pic just aint showin up for me. maybe it's Oprah. yes oprah, my decked-out opera.

N1nj@
February 3, 2005, 3:23 am
it's not showing up on IE also =/

Deleted User
February 3, 2005, 3:26 am
Yargh..nor on Firefox...

BManx2000
February 3, 2005, 3:30 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeythat's right. im blind, but have managed to post around 3000 times. :P.
the pic just aint showin up for me. maybe it's Oprah. yes oprah, my decked-out opera.

Oprah is a talk show host.

The Geologist
February 3, 2005, 3:46 am
quote:Originally posted by SwazoYargh..nor on Firefox...

I see it just fine with Firefox...you're not missing anything.

paramud
February 3, 2005, 3:52 am
Spydark, a tip for map making, Next time turn down the "Suck" bar.

peemonkey
February 3, 2005, 3:54 am
i thought it was a percentage thing like interface maker? oh well.
i like the name Oprah more than Opera, and i got it tweaked to my preferences with an uber skin and whatnot, so it's oprah.

Deleted User
February 3, 2005, 3:59 am
Ack..my comps going retarded with it then. It starts to load it, then it says it's done, but shows none. Ah well...doesn't matter..

The Geologist
February 3, 2005, 4:27 am
quote:Originally posted by paramudSpydark, a tip for map making, Next time turn down the "Suck" bar.

Like you're one to talk with that signature.

Rambo_6
February 3, 2005, 4:41 am
May i suggest DESTROYING/MOVING THIS TOPIC?!111

i think the poor guy understands already how much of an embarassment this map is.

paramud
February 3, 2005, 4:45 am
really? i dont. i say we kill this topic some more and let it be destroyed when it goes down burning in flames.

bucky_brad
February 3, 2005, 5:48 am
Yay, spam spam.

spydark
February 3, 2005, 5:56 am
i dont care what u all think...ive made better but this was a map made by my intrest in madness...for fun and to teel the truth...took 3 minutes...heh,expect a better on next time

paramud
February 3, 2005, 6:24 am
it was made by your intrest? then i suggest that intrest doesnt make maps.

The Geologist
February 3, 2005, 6:24 am
This could be a good map...remake it? Add sceneries, fix up the design of this map to get rid of some of the poly problems and placement issues. And a little more color wouldn't hurt either ;D This map is crap, but you could remake it into something much better with a little more than thre minutes of effort. Show us something good (not being sarcastic).

DesFS
February 4, 2005, 12:47 am
I haven't looked at ur map, but judging from the response from everyone here...well it doesn't take a genius to figure out ur map is crap. But instead of flaming, I'm gonna give u some basic tips that u should know.

Tips:

- Shading to give it some depth. (Instance: Darker colors for the bottom, brighter for the top)
- Textures. Plain ol' polys look terrible. Add some eye-candy texture that adds to ur map
- Proper poly placement. Last thing we want to see is polys placed at random. Ugh.
- Grass never hurt anyone. Be generous. Add greenery. (and place that properly too.)

Don't post a map until u make a proper, decent map. Unless of course, u want to go down in flames again...8|