( search forums )
Poor effiecency
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
JayBDey
January 22, 2003, 3:08 am
Anyone else mad at the poor efficiency of this game? I have a fast comp and cable and even on a dedicated game get lag. This doesn?t happen with other games like UT2k3, CS, or BattleField 1942. I host these games sometimes with NO lag, and sometimes I am also IN THE GAME. So my comp is working double time and still gets no lag. Why is soldat so bad at this. Why do you have to have a T1 line or better just to get a decent game? Does anyone know why this is so? It cant be anything I am doing, all the other (more graphic intense games) games run great.

Any tips? Other than "g3t teh T3 j00 n00b it si teh 1337!!!!111one"

Snipa_WarezdudeJG
January 22, 2003, 3:57 am
yeah his is very true i'm on cable which i know is not much 200 down 35 up but even when i play with another one cable guy it lags like crazy i even remember running a server for 6 people in quake 3 arena and it didn't lag and this is just a 2d game i hope this could be fixed ;)

toadsMoke
January 22, 2003, 4:16 am
yea, it's because of the protocol used. it was discussed in this thread: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=1579&SearchTerms=tcp/ip

thewooddogg
January 31, 2003, 4:09 pm
I don't think it's about the protocol and hosting on cable.

I can host a cable game just fine as long as 5 people from Timbuktoo on 56k connections don't join. Of course, that would go for any game. I think it's more because games like CounterStrike have 1000's of servers. You can always find one open that's located close proximity of the earth to you. But with Soldat, people are joing from all over.