( search forums )
Spawn killing sucks
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MercyM
February 2, 2005, 6:26 pm
This is my suggestion:
When you respawn in NON-survival, you are 2-3 seconds invinsible, like in survival mode. That should stop the spawnkilling

damnnation
February 2, 2005, 7:46 pm
can't you just post these 3 ideas in 1topic...

Judge_Man
February 2, 2005, 7:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by damnnationcan't you just post these 3 ideas in 1topic...

yeah.. but this one is great.

Vijchtidoodah
February 2, 2005, 10:37 pm
I don't think that we should be invisible, but this problem definitely needs to be solved.

I think the best way would just be to have a few extra seconds of invulnerability when we spawn and the added bonus of being able to shoot back without taking any damage. On the other hand, this might prolong those times when both sides have their flags nestled safely in their bases, but in my opinion that's really no big deal because they'll go on until somebody's carrier does something stupid anyway.

DT
February 2, 2005, 10:40 pm
and suggested and would of know if you would of searched.... gez
but having a few eatra secs would be good...

The Geologist
February 3, 2005, 12:46 am
We already do have a few seconds before you can be killed. Try knifing someone in non-survial when you see them first appear on screen..they're somewhat transparent, and knives pass right through them.

Next time put all your topics together instead of making two extra topics for two bad ideas.

Will
February 3, 2005, 11:38 am
maybe when you respawn there could be a timer. so if you are killed within, say, 3 seconds of respawn the person who shot you loses a point.

Judge_Man
February 3, 2005, 3:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Willmaybe when you respawn there could be a timer. so if you are killed within, say, 3 seconds of respawn the person who shot you loses a point.

That sounds like the stupidiest idea ever..seriously
*JM respawn*
*random guys shoots JM*
-JM : HAHA u lost a point you big meanie grlrlrlrl
-Random Guy : OH NOES!! WHAT IMMA GONNA DO! Im gonna leave and go suicide myself irl!

Cmon....

MakroX
February 3, 2005, 6:53 pm
u didnt get it? right? he said u got a timer.. 3 .. 2 ..1 .. and if u get shot, u just lose 1 sec faster, like u r in 3 secs and u got shooted, it goes down to 2.. or something. blah, if u get spawn killed and cant do anything bout it.. u just suck =)

MercyM
February 3, 2005, 7:22 pm
I suck? I want to duel you, MakroX

Judge_Man
February 3, 2005, 8:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by MakroXu didnt get it? right? he said u got a timer.. 3 .. 2 ..1 .. and if u get shot, u just lose 1 sec faster, like u r in 3 secs and u got shooted, it goes down to 2.. or something. blah, if u get spawn killed and cant do anything bout it.. u just suck =)

Rofl makrox, you totaly mis-read it. Will said that when you spawn, there is a timer of 3 sec and if YOU get killed in those 3 sec, the KILLER loose a point.

MakroX
February 4, 2005, 4:27 am
wut do u mean by a "point"? how is that going to stop spawn killing? just make the spawn killer die himself if he kills a newborn dude :S

Captain Ben
February 4, 2005, 6:50 am
hmmm...
i don't care really ;)

The Geologist
February 4, 2005, 7:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain Benhmmm...
i don't care really ;)

Then don't spam this topic, deerrppp.

Will has an interesting idea, but this idea needs a different solution. Just taking off a point won't solve the problem.

Krieg
February 4, 2005, 7:22 am
something i dont get about Soldat, anything that seems to make you a high kill death ratio seems to be bad, for example. camping, for ambushing or evading. Health whoring, health is nice i know i dont want to die. Bulletproof vest, nice to have after whoring some health packs. spawn camping, well i'll stop them from moving. BUT if 2 or 3 people spawn where the spawn camper is, i think he is gunna back down, nobody can take a 3v1 and live, unless it is the 3 other people. so there is my point, don't like it, i don't know what to think, :/

peemonkey
February 4, 2005, 6:38 pm
yet another aspect 1-way polygons would improve gameplay.

Deleted User
February 5, 2005, 6:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Judge_Manquote:Originally posted by Willmaybe when you respawn there could be a timer. so if you are killed within, say, 3 seconds of respawn the person who shot you loses a point.

That sounds like the stupidiest idea ever..seriously
*JM respawn*
*random guys shoots JM*
-JM : HAHA u lost a point you big meanie grlrlrlrl
-Random Guy : OH NOES!! WHAT IMMA GONNA DO! Im gonna leave and go suicide myself irl!

Cmon....

hahaha, i really laughed when i read that post x)
i think that we should be bullet proof for couple of secs after respawn...

Alamo
February 5, 2005, 7:58 pm
yep.. just add 3s of invulnerability. Problem solved.

dv297
February 7, 2005, 3:13 am
Couldn't we just all
1-make maps that have spawn point in a high point where people can't get to.
2-make a team killing poligon. When red touches a blue spawn poligon, they die
3-Keep one of your members in a shootable box and they will snipe the spawn killer.

problems with
#1- takes longer to get down so we have less chance of returning flag ;We'll have to lower jets and still keep the spawn in a high place because of m79
#2- We can no longer have spawn points on the flag, or all the reds will die when they touch the flag floor.
#3- Shootable walls still both ways so the sniper will die over and over if the spawner is after him.

mar77a
February 7, 2005, 4:17 am
There is 1 sec of invulneravility guys! Try to kill a guys who has just appeared! It's the worst problem for barretards that spawnkill, shooting too fast, when the player appears and is still invulnerable.

Deleted User
February 12, 2005, 5:50 pm
You know we could just have it so we have a area ware we spawn is a invunruable area were we can walk out of but not go back into.

Boer
February 12, 2005, 8:32 pm
im not for invulnarability , but surely for a kinda decaying bulletproof vest, you take reduced damage for 3 seconds(+ 1 totally invulnarable)? not sure how vest work but if time runs out it becomes less effective.

Dathker
February 14, 2005, 12:57 am
spawning is apart of the game, if you don't like it play something less fun.

-Shady-
February 14, 2005, 5:56 am
Once you spawn, you should be invulnerable for 3 secs AND not be able to kill anyone for 3 secs, Would solve alot!! No more [IMAGE] knife respawing or anything. Fair, gives time to set up for attack