( search forums )
DM Skorch
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Skate4Razors
February 2, 2005, 11:11 pm
This map supports DM,TM,PM, and Rambo. I kinda overfilled the map with scenery, tell me if I should tone some stuff down. I'm not sure what the barbwire is there for either... All this map needs right now is waypoints, so anyone up for it? Also, many thanks to Soap's texture, Marais.

Overview
Screen #1
Screen #2
Screen #3
Screen #4

THE FILE

Deleted User
February 2, 2005, 11:27 pm
The structure of the map itself isn't too bad, but the scenerey kills the map. It looks almost as if you threw all the sceneries into a blender and then dumped it onto the map. =/

Skate4Razors
February 2, 2005, 11:40 pm
That's kind of the idea, but if it's way too much, I can delete some. Should I keep the somewhat tunnels?

Boxo
February 3, 2005, 6:58 am
I like the tunnels scenery tricks, even though they're not original. *cough,cough*

Nice background there.

Deleted User
February 3, 2005, 3:46 pm
Ill d\l it bcs it's interesting map ...like your shading...

Michal
February 3, 2005, 4:15 pm
Nice map, I don't think there is too much scenery.
The colors look good, as well as the scenery tricks.

bucky_brad
February 3, 2005, 4:29 pm
looks dam nice IMO.

chakapoko maker
February 6, 2005, 1:07 am
[+]
layout is nice. good dm map. and the bottem space has a jungle scene, with proper size. personally the right side needs more space or something hot to play.

[-]
some dark places reduces the stream of players.

Maxx
February 17, 2005, 3:08 am
Very good DM map.
I like it.(A LOT)

Avarax
February 18, 2005, 3:44 pm
as you can see in the news on www.soldat.pl Soldat will be in a TV Gaming league in germany.
i will be one of the admins of the league together with skc.wyros.
we are now searching a custom map for the mappool and this one seems optically and gameplayilly (o_O) very interesting. can i add it to the candidates for a vote?

Skate4Razors
February 18, 2005, 4:01 pm
Sure! :D

Darkspirit
February 20, 2005, 9:35 pm
I like your map. There is not too much scenery if we compare with real life environment;
I also like tunnels with the nets in those;
The background is really great;
Your shading is average because you don't shad at places where it's supposed to be shaded everytime;
I like platforms connection with fences and barbwire, it look cool.

Mark: 90% (Superb)

February 22, 2005, 7:25 am
GAPE! in****ingcredible! Thats a sweet map, lots of nets and tunnels, the colours match! I dont care about the shading! I give it 10/10. all the elements for stealth, foilage, choke points, basically the whole package.

KUTGW : KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Avarax
February 22, 2005, 8:14 pm
S4R, if i find any bugs and or unbalanced spawns during the testings, may i correct them?
It's necessary, but if u want i can always tell u the bug, but i'd prefer the 1. :P
I will for sure always tell u whatever i found and changed!
please :)

Skate4Razors
February 22, 2005, 8:28 pm
Yeah, you can fix some bugs. ReApEr said he found a few, but I'm not sure where. Just tell me, and I can re-upload it to my site.

zambo_the_clown
February 25, 2005, 10:53 pm
hey skate i added waypoints all through the map (about 80 or more) so it could have bot support. if ya want to see how it works you can check it out and i aint gonna post it on any website or anything cuz i aint taking credit for your work. i made a text file that says that all credit goes to you. tell me if i can post it on a website.

Skate4Razors
February 26, 2005, 12:03 am
Well, Avarax fixed a lot of bugs on my map, and I havn't re-uploaded it yet to my site, nor edit this original post. Can you re-waypoint the newest version? Lemme look for the link...

[Edit]
Here's the link, download the older version if you need the texture for now. Thanks a lot Avarax! If you don't mind, I need to use your link to the map, since I'm on my friends computer and stuff. :/

http://home.arcor.de/avarax/Skorch.PMS

zambo_the_clown
February 26, 2005, 3:33 am
Heres a link to the your map with the waypoints. check it out if ya like. i will rewaypoint the update but this time it will be waypointed in a little bit different way that will be easier to edit.
download skorch v1.0
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=dl&file=U0tBVEU3Nzcuemlw
im now waypointing the update.

zambo_the_clown
February 26, 2005, 4:53 am
ok heres the update of the map with waypoints and bug fixes.
http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/UAIgQlsHbk3T1iXu5o_pl_xluNx1296e-mG2Uaxyldvo0wp95lYmcqVokSeOzMxuPjNPg3QejBznnxxvcLzlzw/Skorch%20updated.zip
tell me if ya get any problems with the waypoints.

Avarax
February 26, 2005, 3:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by zambo_the_clownok heres the update of the map with waypoints and bug fixes.
http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/UAIgQlsHbk3T1iXu5o_pl_xluNx1296e-mG2Uaxyldvo0wp95lYmcqVokSeOzMxuPjNPg3QejBznnxxvcLzlzw/Skorch%20updated.zip
tell me if ya get any problems with the waypoints.

Is this the original Skorch with waypoints or my version with waypoints?
If it is my version the i'll take this link for the mapping contest vote.

@S4R:

np. :p

Skorch is my favourite btw!
If u want to see the other candidates:

-Skorch
[URL]
[URL]

-Alien Arena
[URL]
[URL]

-Glowingdawn2
[URL]
[URL]

-Jahbojah
[URL]
[URL]

-Lavarush
[URL]
[URL]

zambo_the_clown
February 26, 2005, 3:37 pm
quote:Is this the original Skorch with waypoints or my version with waypoints?
If it is my version the i'll take this link for the mapping contest vote.

it is your version of the map. i put the waypoints in it and it is a kick ass map.

Skate4Razors
February 26, 2005, 4:28 pm
Ok, thanks a lot guys, I gotta edit my original post later... yarrrr!

zambo_the_clown
February 27, 2005, 3:14 am
np man. hey anytime you need some help with a map or some waypointing, ill be more than glad to help you as best i can and do my best job. im still working on skorch's waypoints making a few more paths and changing some to make the bots a little more strategic.
E-mail me if ya need help biooptic@netscape.net or send me a private message on the forum.

Skate4Razors
February 28, 2005, 3:00 am
Zambo, the link dosn't work to the map :O

zambo_the_clown
February 28, 2005, 4:45 pm
ah [IMAGE] and im here at school, um gimme your email address and ill send it to ya. i made a few modifictions to the waypoints. ill send it to ya once i get home.

Skate4Razors
February 28, 2005, 9:35 pm
Just use my MSN ^

zambo_the_clown
February 28, 2005, 10:38 pm
ight im gonna send ya the map. has bug fixes and waypoints plus a little credit file i made for you but you can alter that