( search forums )
Blindfire!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rambo_6
February 3, 2005, 2:47 am
This time i used the search function, nothing came up.

I think it would be cool to have an option to blindfire (hold your gun above your head and spray bullets) while hiding behind obstacles and stuff.

You could activate this function by ducking and pressing another button like "R" or something. While this makes you able to shoot while not being hurt by incoming bullets, it is less accurate.

What do you guys think?

Padulo
February 3, 2005, 2:25 pm
ehmm... like this?
[IMAGE]

Judge_Man
February 3, 2005, 3:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Paduloehmm... like this?
[IMAGE]

Bahahaha Rambo got pwn.

Yes rambo, you can already do that.

Michal
February 3, 2005, 4:03 pm
I think I would like this as a seperate function, because right now when done automatically it's unpredictable.
I would want it so you would be able to do it whenever, not just behind obstacles.
It would be fun to attack noobs like that and still beat them :P

spydark
February 3, 2005, 4:22 pm
how about pressing b...for blind..

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 3, 2005, 5:42 pm
Well, in a sense, this is already implantmented, not as in getting less accurate, but all autos turn burst fire when behind an obsticle for some reason, firing 2 or 3 bullets at a time. Maybe it was for gameplay balence, but sadly, most of the time it turns pretty useless. I suggest a button that would place your gun onto a collider and fire from there, which would shield you, but you still get to shoot. In a way, this is like how people camp with the guns behind sandbags, but this time, there'll be a button for it, and an animation so they'll have a disadvantage if people come in from behind.

Rambo_6
February 3, 2005, 8:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Judge_Manquote:Originally posted by Paduloehmm... like this?
[IMAGE]

Bahahaha Rambo got pwnd't.

Yes rambo, you can already do that.

Really?

What button do i push then? READ THE FIRST POST NUBZORZ.

I originally asked for a button you push. Not some random occurrence.

_Mancer_
February 3, 2005, 9:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6
....I think it would be cool to have an option to blindfire (hold your gun above your head and spray bullets) while hiding behind obstacles and stuff....

:)

MikeShinoda.pheonix
February 3, 2005, 9:29 pm
you dont have to push a button...

Rambo_6
February 4, 2005, 1:09 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6

"You could activate this function by ducking and pressing another button like "R" or something."

Mancer didnt read the whole thing :D

And MikeShinoda, I am suggesting that there be a feature allowing you to push a button and activate blindfire. ;)

flab
February 4, 2005, 1:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6

"You could activate this function by ducking and pressing another button like "R" or something."

Mancer didnt read the whole thing :D

And MikeShinoda, I am suggesting that there be a feature allowing you to push a button and activate blindfire. ;)

Why press a button when you can do it without needing to already? O.o
Pointless suggestion...

StormCrow
February 4, 2005, 3:06 am
not really, pushing a button would in a sence make it easier to use, rather than having to manuver your self so it does it automatically you can do it yourself.

peemonkey
February 4, 2005, 3:16 am
not needed.

DT
February 4, 2005, 3:54 am
Deagles/rugers/mp79's/spas/laws work well with blindfire
but the autos and multiy shooting weapons do not since they pause...
usefull at sometimes

MakroX
February 4, 2005, 4:32 am
OMG rambo, and u said i was a noob.. lol

spydark
February 4, 2005, 4:36 am
perfect weapon fo cowards like me ;)

Captain Ben
February 4, 2005, 6:47 am
quote:Originally posted by MakroXOMG rambo, and u said i was a noob.. lol

... i think i might back him up on that ;)
good idea but i probably wouldn't use it :(

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 4, 2005, 7:52 am
A major advantage of Rambo's suggestion:

Making your own cover without using a collider.
Basically, You raise your gun barrel so you expose less of yourself to the enemy. If you can find a place in the map that will allow you to do that, then it'll help immensely.

But Rambo still needs to lay off on your dose of Kill Switch :P

Rambo_6
February 4, 2005, 1:34 pm
Yea, lol.

I think this would be a good idea for soldat, but i guess a lot of you's beg to differ.

KnOt
February 4, 2005, 5:28 pm
I don't really give a [IMAGE]..

The Geologist
February 4, 2005, 5:57 pm
Then why did you post Knot? Sheesh..

A good suggestion...I can see where Rambos coming from on this. However, as others have said I don't think it's that needed, and I'll tell ya why. Being able to control my soldat with the mouse alone is key, so adding another button to press, while beging easy as cake, would IMO make things that much more of a hassle. As things are I can simply tip my mouse down to hide behind an obstacle and then raise it back up to shoot over it. Good suggestion though :D

lastpatriot
February 5, 2005, 11:53 pm
How about you just have a way to turn your arm 360 degrees and fire backwards, without pressing more buttons?

MakroX
February 9, 2005, 1:52 am
well, adding features are nice. small details that adds fun to soldat. like /piss, useless but funny but this one got a use.

February 20, 2005, 4:54 am
its automatic, and in a firefight, u want speed. Imagine this

*massive firefight*
hide behind a rock
Urm what key to presss?
Barretard shoots u

Michal
February 20, 2005, 5:19 am
^not true^
Could be as simple as pressing your jump button while ducking.

February 20, 2005, 6:04 am
Ok fine, i dont want to argue, so maybe its a good idea, maybe not. Im just expressing a personal opinion.

P.S You rarely ever find an object to hide behind, so i'm not really sure a whole key should be dedicated to blindfiring

diediedie119
February 28, 2005, 8:03 am
look u put your gun infront of u and point it up so its like a sheild and u shoot ur ass off

February 28, 2005, 11:10 am
But, that would be bad for some weapons. I tried it with minigun. It doesn't make sense, the minigun is a heavy weapon, really heavy, and when i tried to blindfire, it kept bobbing over and back, over and back, over and back. So locking it would be a bad idea. And diediedie119, ur post makes no sense to me. Sounds like /mercy

Svirin Kerath
February 28, 2005, 2:47 pm
it would be cool for like 5 minutes, then no one would use it, or n00bs would use it all the time and annoy everyone. *shrug*

Rambo_6
March 1, 2005, 8:37 pm
Well, maybe your player could fire slower when blindfiring, so it would halp to conserve ammo, or stretch out your ammo clips. It could help if you need to give support fire for your allies.

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 10:04 pm
ok....

Maxx
March 16, 2005, 10:12 pm
The only thing that should be inproved in blindfire is being to blindfire from behind regular polys if they stick up far enough.

Krios
March 17, 2005, 4:46 am
how about bending over and shooting through your legs.

EDIT: GenOcide it was supposed to be sarcasim...

Gen0cide
March 17, 2005, 4:55 am
Lol,thats funny but
No.