( search forums )
Strange bug - test it here -
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
grand_diablo
February 3, 2005, 10:55 pm
Even after almost 2 years, Soldat still manages to surprise me.

I just tried to create invisible polys, according to Michals hint (no, not MM) in this thread:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=20841

It ended in a very strange bug. To reproduce it (no, its nothing gameplay harming), follow these steps:

1. Download the "wtf bug map"
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/stuff/wtf.PMS

2. Follow these steps:
[IMAGE]

Its actually the first time I run over this bug...

The Geologist
February 3, 2005, 11:14 pm
This is really wierd...I actually ran across this a few weeks back when I was making ctf_Trona. A big invisible poly in the middle of the map did the exact same thing. While I don't know jack about how the game runs, it's almost like it creates a kind of vacuum in place of the missing poly that destroys anything/anyone that touches it, even if you throw a nade at it. Very odd indeed..

Yukwunhang
February 4, 2005, 8:30 am
LOL throw your gun to that place and you will pick up the gun immediately....

Swebonny
February 4, 2005, 8:52 am
I cant make the bug work ..(lol) but when the nabe blow what happens ?
I got to know it!

Unlucky 13
February 4, 2005, 10:52 am
You grind away into one little blob of blood.

That is really weird, why does it happen? It looks cool though. I think the grenades damage spawns at your co-ords, then BOOOM.

grand_diablo
February 4, 2005, 5:06 pm
If i throw the nade and it explodes, I see about 5 explosions overlapping at the spawnpoint, killing me and making me respawn of course.

SERIAL KILLeR
February 4, 2005, 6:00 pm
Doesn't seem to work online cause it crashed the server (ded 2.2.6) when i tested it

The Geologist
February 4, 2005, 6:05 pm
This could be used to make the most infuriating race maps ever. Of course, issues with playing online would have to be worked out. But I could see a race map with multiple route, like a maze...go down the wrong path and blam! You're back the the beginning.

peemonkey
February 4, 2005, 7:17 pm
i accidently got one of these in a mpa eons ago, making a 3d-ish htingy with texture->scenery backgrounds. cept when a bot went into it, he multiplied a [IMAGE]load of black fella's and i respawnwed forever...

mar77a
February 4, 2005, 9:12 pm
Let me see, I remembered the old Map Maker, were you could add poly's after compiling, and you wouldn't crash with them (exactly as "Don't Collide"), but i am letting you know that now, Compiling is obligatory after editing poly's size, or adding one...if not, well, here's the result...