( search forums )
Connecting to server [problem]...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
February 5, 2005, 4:29 am
When I try to join an online game, the first time I request servers I'll (if i'm lucky) get 8 or so servers listed. If I hit request servers again, nothing will come up and I'll get the "Lobby server not responding, if it's not your connections fault try again later" box. Multiple tries, same outcome. So, I uninstall Soldat. Delete the remaining directories. Install soldat, and run it, first time I request servers, everything is fine. So I assumed everything was okay until I played for about 5 minutes, went back to the lobby and tried to request servers again. Nothing... same problem.

The only thing I had done since yesterday, when it worked perfectly fine, was go into the .ini file (not knowing there was a Play Intro check box in the config) and I changed the Play_intro value to 0. Considering the fact that editing the ini with that one number is practically the exact same thing as checking the box off... I doubt that's really the problem.

SO, what IS the problem, since nothing has changed since yesterday but that?? I would very much appreciate some insight!

Thanks!

Deleted User
February 5, 2005, 7:49 am
The lobby server is suffering a larger and larger load each day. You'll have to give it some time as it has problems occaisonally. Visit this thread here for more information.

Michal Marcinkowski
February 5, 2005, 1:32 pm
The server has some connection problems right now, I'll do my best to fix it.

b00stA
February 5, 2005, 2:20 pm
Lobby Server, Lag?