( search forums )
More mods...
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Rambo_6
February 5, 2005, 6:40 pm
Here's the original PM i sent DNA.styx. He told me to post it here so you other mods could read it and post your opinions on the subject.

quote:
Hello Styx.

I just was wondering about the moderators situation around these forums. There seems to be a relatively small number of mods, compared to the amount of regulars. I understand, it is a bit tricky to find trustworthy people. But I'm sending this message as a little request from Soap, one of the top mappers on these forums. He's been wondering what it takes to become a moderator, and i've been thinking of how little moderators there are in the Mapping section (and others).

I can personally vouch for soap. He's a dedicated guy, his maps are the real thing, and i'm quite sure he'd make a great moderator. Hell, i'm sure a lot of people would make great mods. I'd be up to the task as well, and maybe (just as a suggestion) there should be more mods out there in other sections too?

just a suggestion. I understand if you want to keep the amount of mods to a minimum around here. But keep in mind there are people here who would readily take up the position.

Thanks for your time.

Discuss.

Unlucky 13
February 6, 2005, 12:00 am
I say Soap would be a good mapping moderator, and obviously you have had experience, so you would too.

I dunno if I have what it takes to moderate.

Milkman Dan
February 6, 2005, 3:06 am
MILKMAN DAN FOR SOME KIND OF MODERATOR

Pulp
February 6, 2005, 3:18 am
More then enough mods for me, give us some free space. :)

I don't think there's need for more mods in any section. Why people can't give suggestions, share their knowledge without being 'rewarded' for it somehow. I'm sure Soap will be able to share his mapping-knowledge in the future as he is now, without being a mod.

In my opinion it's all basically a machiavelic egoistic need to claim a moderating-position. Whether it helps the forum/community or not seems to be more a side-issue.

But hey, it's worth a try.

_Mancer_
February 6, 2005, 4:31 am
*Votes geologist as god moderator*

N1nj@
February 6, 2005, 5:27 am
I think it's fine right now. It's not like this place is not running smoothly. We have enough moderators if u ask me.

Deleted User
February 6, 2005, 6:32 am
I've always felt as though there should be at least two moderators for each section, one that can moderate well and one that is knowledgeable in that section.

peemonkey
February 6, 2005, 4:43 pm
there's enough moderators as it is now. we dont need more. well, my alter ego might say otherwise...

The Geologist
February 6, 2005, 7:31 pm
I vote for myself as Official Rock Moderator. Oh, and Soap also gets my vote ;D

papasurf31
February 9, 2005, 3:18 pm
Papasurf for Meandor!!! no, seriously, can i?

Meandor
February 9, 2005, 4:26 pm
Couldn't care less

blackdevil0742
February 9, 2005, 5:05 pm
Pick me :D

damnnation
February 9, 2005, 8:32 pm
no pic me i'm smarter (i hope ;)) !!! :p

Milkman Dan
February 9, 2005, 8:58 pm
Geo... forgetting someone?

Rambo_6
February 10, 2005, 3:16 am
Well it couldn't hurt much to have a bit more security and help in these forums IMO. Recently, the new maps forum has been getting a lot of new users witht heir "1337" maps. They need guidance and whatnot.

Soap
February 10, 2005, 3:35 am
grand_diablo, the current and only mapping forum moderator, wants me to be his co-moderator. I feel that the need for more moderators and deciding on them isn't a democratic process such as has been presented; rather something that the moderators themselves should decide. grand_diablo is a rather busy person as it is, and if you asked him personally, i'm sure he will vouch for me as well.

quote:In my opinion it's all basically a machiavelic egoistic need to claim a moderating-position. Whether it helps the forum/community or not seems to be more a side-issue.

That's a matter of opinion. I am ostentatiously devoted to the Soldat community, whether it be by making maps, textures, a website or being a forum moderator. I've been hanging around these forums for 4 years now, yet I only post when I mean serious business. This explains why I have made so few posts (I have an old account with about just as much as this one).

Whether the members of this forum think I should be a moderator or not; I don't want your sympathies. I am the one that has made the offer of service to this community. I don't care if I have a "moderator" tag on my name or not.

FliesLikeABrick
February 10, 2005, 3:45 am
I don't think we need more mods, or at least it wouldnt appear so. There was a petition for me for mod with almost 60 signs, but the demand for mods isnt there.

Rambo_6
February 10, 2005, 3:55 am
yea, some people want the Moderator position so they can help the community benefit, not so they can act all superior like they know God.

Skate4Razors
February 10, 2005, 5:05 am
I think the mods we have now are fine. I wouldn't mind being one though /\ /\

Unlucky 13
February 10, 2005, 6:04 am
Milky for Lounge Mod!

Meandor
February 10, 2005, 1:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by SoapI've been hanging around these forums for 4 years now

quote:0.9.4b - first public beta (09.05.2002)

\o/

Well, i don't mind Soap as a mod anyway. Just don't know him much.

Soap
February 10, 2005, 1:59 pm
I meant that in the pretext of 2002-2005. I knew someone was going to say something silly like that :P

DeMonIc
February 13, 2005, 12:48 pm
I'm with Lapis, if there's 2 mods/section, there is a very little chance of 'goofing up'-s, since one of them will be probably online whilst the others aren't.As for the "who should be mod" question..that's a delicate matter, and I would place the decision into the hands of the current mods.

mar77a
February 13, 2005, 2:03 pm
Maybe we do need moderator in some sections, for example, the suggestions/improvements subforums, or the bot forum :P

damnnation
February 13, 2005, 2:05 pm
PEEMONKEY FOR BOT MOD!!!!!! ;p