( search forums )
Guitar Processors:
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
PokePunkz
February 5, 2005, 7:27 pm
K, I just bought a GNX4 off of Ebay yesterday, should be here next week, (this upcoming week) Brand new, right out of the box and all, I was wondering, is the 469$ I used to buy it worth it? I bought it because I have a [IMAGE]ty amp and my sound quality is horrible, so if I leave the amp straight and use the preamp, I figured I could really do some good stuff,

For those of you who don't know what a GNX4 is, it's pretty much, in my oppinion, the best guitar FLOOR PANEL preamp/processor on the market (You can get leet rack procs) Anyways,
[URL]
There's a link.

Please only respond if you know about these things, I'm sick of morons who know nothing of guitars/etc. and newbs saying like "HAHAHA YOU GOT RIPPED" and crap.... x_X Market List Price is 700$ But everyone sells it for 499.95 + Tax, and I got it for 469 Free Shipping and Handling. Please gimme feedback ;)

(BTW I use an Epiphone Moderne, I'll be getting an ESP, Ibanez, or Jackson Rhoads RR1 soon.)

Deleted User
February 5, 2005, 8:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by PokePunkzK, I just bought a GNX4 off of Ebay yesterday, should be here next week, (this upcoming week) Brand new, right out of the box and all, I was wondering, is the 469$ I used to buy it worth it? I bought it because I have a [IMAGE]ty amp and my sound quality is horrible, so if I leave the amp straight and use the preamp, I figured I could really do some good stuff,

For those of you who don't know what a GNX4 is, it's pretty much, in my oppinion, the best guitar FLOOR PANEL preamp/processor on the market (You can get leet rack procs) Anyways,
[URL]
There's a link.

Please only respond if you know about these things, I'm sick of morons who know nothing of guitars/etc. and newbs saying like "HAHAHA YOU GOT RIPPED" and crap.... x_X Market List Price is 700$ But everyone sells it for 499.95 + Tax, and I got it for 469 Free Shipping and Handling. Please gimme feedback ;)

(BTW I use an Epiphone Moderne, I'll be getting an ESP, Ibanez, or Jackson Rhoads RR1 soon.)

Wow, i'll get ESP SV Standard =) my english isn't good enough to get clear what you were trying to say...=/ do you mean guitar tabulator or somthing? hehe!!! i use Guitar Pro 4

PokePunkz
February 5, 2005, 9:40 pm
Lol, Not a tabulator, You know, a "Processor" or a PRE-Amplifier :)

Deleted User
February 5, 2005, 10:43 pm
i understand now but sorry, i know nothing about those. but if i were you, i would seek a guitar forum or somthing and ask help at there.

n00bface
February 5, 2005, 11:21 pm
dude you were soo ripped off. i got one for 318$. where the hell do you buy your stuff.

peemonkey
February 6, 2005, 3:59 am
he said he bought it off shebay.
why not just get a better amp? processors are to lame.

Jello
February 6, 2005, 5:06 am
GNX's are pretty sweet. Donno if I'd buy one-I really like my amp and all, I don't need no processors. Doesn't sound like you got too ripped off 500 bucks is a fine price for one of those thangs.

PokePunkz
February 7, 2005, 1:30 am
Meh, Better Amp? Because maybe it doesn't have a built in drum machine.... Hmm... Or foot controlled effects, If I want those, oh yeah I can run out and spend a good 50 bucks on one, but for all the [IMAGE] I want to do? That's like someone wanting to Bungee jump and someone saying "Oh, why don't you tie an rope around your ankle and jump off you roof?" Maybe because it doesn't gimme all I want. I know I spent alot, but I only put 170 into it ;) My mom paid the rest, so it's like... Hahaha. I only paid 170 :D My mom rocks. Never-the-less, I did get a bit ripped, but it's an excellent product, Thanks for your feedback n00bzor :D

Cookie.
February 7, 2005, 4:59 am
pfft i have a wah wah pedal thats what you need ! its all about the wah... wah wah wah wah i love it

Jello
February 8, 2005, 12:22 am
The thing about processors is that I'd rather either buy better equipment (guitar, amp, etc.) or just go the whole nine yards and buy a guitar synth if I want to radicly change my sound. I don't want a bunch of half assed simulations of peadals I wouldn't buy anyways.
But as I said before, I don't think you got ripped off really. For that kind of processor, I doubt you could find it for much less.

PokePunkz
February 12, 2005, 3:29 am
Thanks Jello ;) I understand your point of view, but it's like, I like this one just because of the versatility.... I mean, This isn't just about the pedals, tell the truth, it's mainly about sound versatility, downloading the patches so that I can instantly sound like Metallica, and with a push of a pedal switching to Killswitch, And basically, the editing on the computer etc. Is fairly attracting too ;) Glad at least you dun think I got ripped. lol. As for you Cookie., ... Wow... That was sincerely a horrid thing to say :( You hurt Steve Vai's Feelings :(

P.S. You make baby Jesus Cry.

peemonkey
February 12, 2005, 3:33 am
wah pedal is really all you need. i dont play guitar, but a friend-o-mine does, and he can [IMAGE]

PokePunkz
February 20, 2005, 7:32 am
... Dude, Wah Pedal can't do [IMAGE] compared to GNX4 If you could all just see what I'm playing now T_T