( search forums )
what program do you use?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Deleted User
February 5, 2005, 9:06 pm
im planning to make a "movie", what program should I use? what do YOU use?

sorry if this is the wrong topic

Kazuki
February 5, 2005, 11:09 pm
Movie Making for Newbs

There you go. :) If you read that thoroughly it should tell you all you need to know.

Oliver Stannus
February 6, 2005, 2:14 pm
Well I personally (though I don't have a LOT of experience) use Anim8or and 3D Studio Max, 3D programs to make animations. Most people think that a Soldat movie MUST BE made using recorded demos. This is not always so, but many people think that is the only "movie" you can make about Soldat.

If you are thinking of something different to a recorded demo, you might want to try to make a Flash animation, using Macromedia Flash, or even a simple GIF animation, using Microsoft GIF Animator.

If you have any experience with 3D design, or are wanting to try it out, you may want to try the two 3D programs I listed above.

You could even film a "movie" with "real" actors, and you could get a video editing program such as Windows Movie Maker to put it together, although I don't think anyone is going to try that.

PS: Kazuki - If you keep telling people that all they need to know to make a movie is in a post about recording demos, then be prepared for me to whine about it!

Edit: I read a bit through your posts Kazuki, and I think that you have done a very good job of explaining how to a demo, even though I disagree on other grounds.

Kazuki
February 6, 2005, 7:26 pm
I'm sorry, Oliver, you have a big point. I agree that recording demos is not the only way to create videos, but that topic should give him all the information he needs for a basic Soldat video. You could also do some things with extracting demos (run them at around 70% speed and extract them, then edit the pictures you want to and put it all together, speed it up). There are many variations and possibilities but all you need to know to make your first movie should be in there. :) However, thanks for the compliment and contribution.

Oliver Stannus
February 7, 2005, 10:17 am
Yeah fair enough, it sounds like you know everything there is to know about video capture.