( search forums )
Vote-Cast Issue
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
February 5, 2005, 9:19 pm
I have a slight problem witht he way votes are handled.

Currently, when someone calls a vote, and I vote, it says, "Lapis has cast a vote" or something similar. Now, normally that isn't a problem, but today someone was caught cheating by the server and it called a vote, repeatedly, over and over again, so to get that annoying vote box out of the way I kept voting yes. Not a problem, per say, until a few moments further:

The dumbass server admin, Dogtanian, decides that he'll ban the cheater. So, one of the guys who got caught cheating says "Lapis and Ubor are kicking everyone", and I get banned from the server.

Is there some way we could word the vote process better so as not to make it look like I'm starting a vote over and over again?

Oliver Stannus
February 7, 2005, 8:56 am
I just thought I'd add that something should be done about the vote message.

At the moment, I think it says "Soldier has casted a map vote".

I think it should say "Soldier has cast a map vote".

I know its not a big mistake, and it's an irregularity in the English language, so it's understandable to not get it right, but the vote message keeps annoying me lol :P

mar77a
February 7, 2005, 9:10 pm
Lapsi, the Vote box appearing regularly, happends when the player is not in the server, and a vote is casted...im not 100% sure but i think it's that...

DeMonIc
February 8, 2005, 11:05 am
..and there is a nother bug.When someone joins, the server sometimes says "yadayada has casted a kick vote:kick "theplayerwhojustcamein"".

Captain Ben
February 9, 2005, 6:19 am
i don't really get that problem but there are issues with the vote option