( search forums )
INF - Nuke
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Soap
February 6, 2005, 9:01 am
INF - Nuke is an extremely ambitious mapping endeavor that I have undertaken. My goal with it is to display to the community that custom scenery hasn't just become popular in the past couple of months, but it an important advancement in the world of Soldat mapping.

Maps such as ctf_chernobyl use a lot of custom scenery, but I think we can push ourselves to further heights.

INF - Nuke is going to consist of two different areas: outside of the nuclear silo and the inside. Traditionally, the outside area is going to utilize plain textures as per normal, but the inside of the silo is going to be almost completely composed of custom scenery (besides the polygons underneath everything). Computer terminals, a giant nuclear missile and bunkers are just some of the things I am making with custom scenery.

Also, I'm going to try out a new lighting effect that will make everyone's jaw drop.

So far, I've created a few varieties of bunkers. At the moment, I'm creating the silo itself.

Hopefully I'll have this map finished in a couple of days. And comments?

Deleted User
February 6, 2005, 9:10 am
It sounds amazing, Soap. I can't wait to see what you have for us. I'd be glad to help in any way I can. I do pixel art fairly well, if you need any small terminals or the like drawn, I can do it.

peemonkey
February 6, 2005, 4:09 pm
hurry up then! wasting time with the post! :P

Unlucky 13
February 7, 2005, 4:55 am
Sounds pretty, I... uh, we want to see PROGRESS SCREENS!
Also, won't it become jumpy for old PC's inside the silo?

Captain Ben
February 8, 2005, 8:51 am
sounds good! i really want to see how it turns out!

n00bface
February 8, 2005, 9:27 am
ctf_Chernobyl is a default soldat map, therefor does not use custom scenery! You could say it does, but then you would have to say every single map uses custom scenery. And chernobyl was a bad map to use as an example, because chernobyl is horrible!

Oh, but the map sounds good, especially because it's an INF map, and I love infiltration.

Soap
February 9, 2005, 9:16 pm
Eek, it's taking longer to make than I expected :P

Making custom scenery takes longer than the map itself.

Yukwunhang
February 10, 2005, 7:10 am
Any screens? :D

Soap
February 10, 2005, 8:49 am
I'm putting it off for the moment because I haven't churned out a map for a while. I'm making a quick one to please the masses.

Rambo_6
February 10, 2005, 1:27 pm
I know how to make all of you guys jealous!

I've already seen the silo scenery. It's awesome.

ROCK ON SOAP!!1