( search forums )
Why was it altered?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Miturian
February 6, 2005, 12:51 pm
Yeah, i know it says you're not supposed to ask for weapon's modifications, so I ain't. Instead, I'm asking why one was brought around? Why on earth was the AK-74 strenghtened? It already was my weapon of choice, and I bloody ruled with it. Now it's been strenghtened, I rule even more (except for the fact that a lot of other guys have realised the power of it, and are using it as well), but what I still don't get is why was it ever necessary? Now, I do realise that unless there is some very intricate reason for this tweaking, the only answer is "it needed it", but I still thought I'd ask the question.
So, were there any good reasons to do it?

Just wond'ring

mar77a
February 6, 2005, 2:17 pm
Just ask Michal, he decides, maybe he thought the Ak was abandoned, and gave it a bit more power...

Deleted User
February 6, 2005, 3:25 pm
Why do you people ask this time and time again? The AK was strengthened by such a small number that it doesn't even matter. There is no real change to the AK, all Michal said is that he made it more powerful, so all you kiddies jumped right onto it, of course.

grand_diablo
February 6, 2005, 3:56 pm
It was strengthed by just 1 point, whichs almost nothing, not even 1 percent more. What makes the automatics - especially Minimi and Ak - so strong in this version, is the bink effect.

Tha Doggfather
February 6, 2005, 4:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo
What makes the automatics - especially Minimi and Ak - so strong in this version, is the bink effect.

That doesn't make much sense, shouldn't faster firing guns like the mp5 and AUG be stronger then, because of the bink effect?

Cold Fusion
February 6, 2005, 5:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloIt was strengthed by just 1 point, whichs almost nothing, not even 1 percent more.

5 points and 4.2% actually. :)

Teh Panda
February 6, 2005, 5:58 pm
I think only Michal knows answer to that.

Ezko
February 6, 2005, 6:29 pm
The MP5 and AUG use smaller bullets and generally are less powerful than the AK/Minimi, so there is less bink for them. It is sort of like the movies, where somebody fires a Desert Eagle and people fly back a few meters, yet SMGs put holes in people.

n00bface
February 6, 2005, 6:46 pm
quote:5 points and 4.2% actually. :)
5 points would not make 4.2% seeing as the AK is at 28 points and most certainly does not do 25% damage. The increase was only by 1 point, and Michal says he did it just to see if anybody would complain.

Cold Fusion
February 6, 2005, 7:54 pm

[Ak-74]
Damage=117

[Ak-74]
Damage=122

chakapoko maker
February 6, 2005, 8:01 pm
a conjecture. every weapon has its own attennuation of fire power, which might relate to the speed of bullet. i think it makes the balancing harder and it's above fire powor.

BManx2000
February 6, 2005, 9:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cold Fusion1.2.0

[Ak-74]
Damage=117

[Ak-74]
Damage=122

Where the hell did you get that from?

Cold Fusion
February 6, 2005, 9:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000quote:Originally posted by Cold Fusion1.2.0

[Ak-74]
Damage=117

[Ak-74]
Damage=122

Where the hell did you get that from?

http://www.soldat.pl/downloads/weapons.zip

Teh Panda
February 6, 2005, 9:46 pm
Cold Fusion = Smart. -_-. Anyways i think Michal noticed that "everybody" complain about autos, and do's something in next version... Or he lefts that to players, who do it with haxing ini file... :|

wormdundee
February 6, 2005, 11:53 pm
the bink is more for Ak-74 in my theory because of its extremely high bullet "power" if you will

each bullet hits quite a bit more than an Aug or mp4 bullet, thus you get smacked around more when hit by one and the binkedishness is higher

m00`
February 7, 2005, 7:01 am
Is it just me or do people still hardly use the AK, the ak is the only weapon that is imo being under-used, or mabe its because I hardly play :o

n00bface
February 7, 2005, 8:36 am
Cold_Fusion. Do the math. If you divide 122 and 117 by 5, that's like 24 to 25, right? So I can safely say that AK used to be 24 damage but is now 25 damage, which is not enough to do 4.2% damage extra per shot.

Teh Panda
February 7, 2005, 1:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`Is it just me or do people still hardly use the AK, the ak is the only weapon that is imo being under-used, or mabe its because I hardly play :o

Its the second.
When i play, its like every second player plays with AK or Deagles.
Theyre most used weapons imo.

Rhombus
February 7, 2005, 1:26 pm
i dont think bink is a problem at all. Dont think i use auto's, i most of the times use an m79. But the point about bink is, that the fools who just jump onto somebody with a barret, just jump onto the grim reaper.

F3nyx
February 7, 2005, 2:37 pm
AK-74 is fine. IMO it's no more effective than the Minimi -- both are great medium-range autos.

DeMonIc
February 7, 2005, 2:54 pm
It's been altered because it was underused in 1.2.Michal improved the damage slightly, and it was fine then.After that, he introduced bink.That's why AK was altered.

..and Michal's favourite weapon is the AK74.

Chakra
February 7, 2005, 4:07 pm
Oh for heavens sake people, do your homework. Read back into the threads when he released 1.2.1, where i vividly remember him saying something along the lines of

"Yeah I increased the power a tiny bit to see who'd whine about it. Just a test :D "

...not like it's overpowered or anything, he just wanted to test if anyone whined about it being overpowered...'cos it's bloody [IMAGE]ing powerful. Do you see michal? no one gave a toss back in 1.2, though AK was powerful, because we were preoccupied with being over-whooped by barrets. Now theres other things to worry about.

..not that it bothers my game all so much. I only dabble in public/private servers with usually people I know. Everything seems fair in my wonderland, where people only resort to certain autos when the competition gets too tough for them to handle.

Cold Fusion
February 7, 2005, 4:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceCold_Fusion. Do the math. If you divide 122 and 117 by 5, that's like 24 to 25, right? So I can safely say that AK used to be 24 damage but is now 25 damage, which is not enough to do 4.2% damage extra per shot.

eh?

I already posted the damage values per shot:
1.2.0 [Ak-74] Damage=117
1.2.1 [Ak-74] Damage=122

and I'll 'do the math': ((122-117)/117)*100 = 4.27% percentage change.
:p

February 18, 2005, 4:56 am
Absolutely right. If he had said he would lower the value, would you stop using the ak-47? What if he lowered it by 1 percent? Think about it

MOFO NOFO
February 18, 2005, 5:12 am
its ak-74 -.-...

Liquid Metal
February 18, 2005, 5:59 am
Its just "seems" more powerful but it really isnt really much different from the orginal damg

Sam
February 18, 2005, 12:46 pm
I hardly ever see the AK being used, and I hardly ever use it, dunno why. And what is the 'bink' effect?

DT
February 18, 2005, 4:10 pm
get a barret and let someone shoot you with a minigun and try to fire the barret...

Sam
February 18, 2005, 8:05 pm
Oh yea, thats when ur cursor gets bigger and ur accuracy decreases.