( search forums )
CTF_m79cap - UPDATE
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
lil_ramen
February 7, 2005, 2:44 pm
Hey guys it's me again... I just followed tips/comments given to some people like bb_vb, Skate4Razors, and zaraza.

So I tried making another one... It's an M79 map. You need to use the M79 to get across to the other side. I tried doing it and it's possible in this map.:)I packed both red and blue bases with medikits since you need to blow yourself up here... So here it is...

UPDATE:
-Added a tower in the middle, all polygons in the tower are ice polygons
-Fixed minor polygon bugs
-Changed background color
-Added snow weather effect
-Changed both bases

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[URL] <-- The map... (NOTE: Please read Readme.txt)

Yukwunhang
February 7, 2005, 4:20 pm
...No...this is too small for a ctf map.

zaraza
February 7, 2005, 5:54 pm
hey very nice and original idea but make few ways to the enemy flag, healing polys, and MORE pits. Make also a nice layout and it will be 1 of my favourites :)

chakapoko maker
February 7, 2005, 8:44 pm
[+]
good idea, i feel like playing this kind of ctf.

[-]
it's 1on1 size, small for ctf. so gameplay will be similar to death match. dig an underpath to make a deadlock situation below, and contrast m79 jumping above with it.
i want crate and sandback for nades. bright background color hurts eyes.
and about spawn, the number of spawn is just a distribution ratio, the supply is set through "Map" tab. it also can set the map discription and please name it not new soldat map.

Rambo_6
February 8, 2005, 2:17 am
Couple major tips:

1. Your chice of scenery is, um, strange to say the least. This doesn't look like a winter map to me...
2. All ctf maps need at least two paths to the flag, or else it is extremely hard to get points.
3. The teams are too close together, this may cause major problems.
4. Ug-lee background, it doesn't contrast well with the map.
5. No other scenery except for the icicles and supports? FORSHAME!!

You seem to have shading spot on though, but the polys aren't thick enough. Good try.

_Mancer_
February 8, 2005, 2:57 am
Very original map. The whole idea could be better. Know what? Im going to make a map like this and I'm going to credit you, lil_ramen. Nice idea!

10/10 Map idea

4/10 for the entire map setup.

Expect it soon juu guys :D

( 600th post ;D )

zaraza
February 8, 2005, 10:37 am
MANCER, plz make it awesome! :P

lil_ramen
February 8, 2005, 11:50 am
Hey, thanks for all those comments (negative or positive I like 'em, they give me more tips :D) and suggestions. I updated it, if you guys didn't notice, I forgot to take out the jet pack in the map and I put a description as I was told by chakapoko maker :). I couldn't think of a good background color.. I'm not good at choosing background colors. Hehe. Also, I don't know what sceneries I can add, can you give me tips? When it comes to scenery and choosing background color, I don't really know what to put... Oh and _Mancer_, that's nice to hear, I'd like to see your version. Hehe. I'll try to make another one like this... One more thing, Rambo_6, it isn't a winter map, I just thought that icicles looked like spikes... Sooo...

damnnation
February 8, 2005, 12:14 pm
make it a wintermap wit slides so you can fall in the spikes soo you need to m79-over it and a bleu-isch background collor also then....

_Mancer_
February 8, 2005, 9:32 pm
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=20963