( search forums )
Fake IDs...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Green Barret
February 8, 2005, 2:32 am
Recently I started a CTF server when a guy named MaNCer came in and started doing using the knife hack. I told him to stop, yet he kept on doing it. Annoyed to the limit, i kicked him. But even after that, he came back and kept on doing it. I finally banned him for good.

Now it's easy to see this guy isn't the real Mancer. He didn't act like him at all. While the hack was bad enough, what annoyed me more was that he was using someone else's ID and ruining its reputation.

Acts like this are becoming much more frequent and i wish to say to all you Soldat players: Don't hack and don't EVER ever use anyone else's ID, please.

_Mancer_
February 8, 2005, 2:50 am
Thanks for the heads up ;p

Deleted User
February 8, 2005, 3:23 am
yep this happened to me aswell...

some people are too dumb...

peemonkey
February 8, 2005, 3:52 am
you can tell when it's not me, because they dont add the ' or the (1) :P

Junot
February 8, 2005, 6:03 am
Maybe you should be able to register On soldat and Keep with One name but you can change your Clan Thingy?

peemonkey
February 8, 2005, 6:13 am
no. dont even try to start that crap again

lieroguy
February 8, 2005, 6:37 am
I've never seen it happen. Or maybe, I have, but I thought it was the actual person... I'd like to think that the actual person. At this point, I know a great deal of the guys I play with, including mancer, so I don't think I'd have prolems with confusing them.

ThaD
February 8, 2005, 9:27 am
oh yea so called imposters, they can ruin your reputation indeed

BManx2000
February 8, 2005, 3:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Poopyep this happened to me aswell...

Or your name is just too generic.

damnnation
February 8, 2005, 3:15 pm
ive only seen someone with the same nick/outfit/weaps as me and that was when i used the name -Pr3dat0rz- and allot off ppl used predor so i switched mah nick :) (i wanne be 1of-a-kind ;)) and maybe it's just a coincedince that 2 or more ppl ahve the same nick ? i was on a server with 5 ppl called soldier...

Deleted User
February 8, 2005, 4:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000quote:Originally posted by Poopyep this happened to me aswell...

Or your name is just too generic.

whoeveer it was used my clan tag also.

Deleted User
February 8, 2005, 8:21 pm
Didn't your imposter start inducting tons of people into your clan? I'm to lazy to read the box to check on it.

Darksider
February 8, 2005, 8:52 pm
Maybe we need some sort of a registration to internet play. Like log in to internet play with our forum name and password. This way we can prevent ID fakers from playing with our names. Maybe...

DNA.styx
February 8, 2005, 9:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyno. dont even try to start that crap again
Peemonkey, be nice.

Feel free to post the registration idea in the suggestions forum folks.

n00bface
February 8, 2005, 10:07 pm
Or we could just move this topic to the suggestions forum, seeing as it has already long drifted from what I think is the point..

as for the registration thing, it would never work where you have to log in and reserve your nickname, but I sort of have another idea. For anyone who is active on the quakenet IRC server, you know that you can "authorize" with the Q-Bot to get all your status's in channels, but still have the freedom to change your name to whatever you want. I was thinking there could be a database on only one server, where all that stuff is saved. And add a "developer's console" like there is in so many other games, so you would have the option to do commands like "/who someplayer name" which would bring up the name "someplayer name" is "authorized" with.

Teh Panda
February 8, 2005, 10:18 pm
Registration is not needed. Its not that bad problem after all -__-.
BUT, if its gonna happen (what i doubt), i would like register my name though soldat.pl with password, email and clan tag.

Keron Cyst
February 9, 2005, 12:00 am
Yeah, I agree with website signing-up.