( search forums )
japanese shopping centre
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Captain Ben
February 8, 2005, 10:25 am
the name pretty much explains it all:
a big, fat, japanese multistorey shopping centre that is half demolished.
here's a picture of what i hope to achieve:

[IMAGE]

as you can probably tell, red is death, green is slippery and dark gray stands for floors.
if i actually succeed in making this map properly, on the floors will be heaps of japanese-stuff, along with a fountain.
to add a bit of a challenge, no jets will be used in this level, for the idea of falling off the building and dying when hitting the ground sounds like heaps of fun!
i haven't chosen where stuff will be, etc but i hope to get some pointers off you guys.

and there will be my lucky rock somewhere ;)

damnnation
February 8, 2005, 10:31 am
is working picture not....

Deleted User
February 8, 2005, 8:52 pm
Not working at all for me, not even a red X. What'd you use to host the picture?

Michal
February 8, 2005, 9:22 pm
...He used his harddrive to host it ¬_¬

...Don't worry, even I made that mistake in my early online days, just find a site that hosts images and copy the url. Then paste the url and put the image tags around it.
I recommend [URL] you don't even have to sign up for an account.

BManx2000
February 8, 2005, 11:21 pm
Everybody knows imageshack is the best image host period. This "tinypic" looks like a worse version of imageshack.

Michal
February 9, 2005, 12:02 am
Bleh same thing :P

Unlucky 13
February 9, 2005, 4:18 am
I dunno, I like ImageBucket, you can RELY on that...

Deleted User
February 9, 2005, 8:39 pm
There's also Photobucket, but I think you have to sign up for it. It's free though.

blackdevil0742
February 9, 2005, 9:29 pm
and make it jpg or gif before you upload it.

m00`
February 10, 2005, 5:31 am
michal and bmanx are both wrong, i suggest using http://m00.u13.net for reliable hosting without making an account! liEk oMgZ uNBeLievabLe!!11

Unlucky 13
February 10, 2005, 6:42 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`michal and bmanx are both wrong, i suggest using http://m00.u13.net for reliable hosting without making an account! liEk oMgZ uNBeLievabLe!!11
Oh yeah, I concur! Great Idea with the map, It may be a new twist to maps you can relate to.

Milkman Dan
February 10, 2005, 6:58 am
you might wanna host that avatar while your at it

February 10, 2005, 6:08 pm
[URL]
For a second I thought the thread was "japanese shooting centre". This gave me the wrong idea.
Anyway, maps with small detail like the japanese shopping items have a tendency to either look rubbish or have a million different .bmps that I do not care to download.

Deleted User
February 10, 2005, 6:39 pm
Oh god no. Don't use imageshack, it's terribly slow and is also down from time to time. Use www.tinypic.com instead. Please.