( search forums )
Copy + Mirror + Flip scenery?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Improvements / Suggestions
_Mancer_
February 8, 2005, 8:31 pm
I have no Idea if this was suggested before, but if it wasnt, then now you have it.

Just like you can flip polys...why not copy and flip scenery? Seems like a damn good idea to me.

Comments!?

Avarax
February 8, 2005, 8:48 pm
yeah, and additionally u should be able to scale them in ANY way you want. when you scale vertical and horizontal the mapmaker scales the scenery into a scale with different proportions, and that sux, u know what im trying to say?? ;D

Alamo
February 8, 2005, 9:25 pm
Avarax... you want to be able to scale textures while keeping the width:height ratio, right? Just to be sure.

SERIAL KILLeR
February 8, 2005, 9:32 pm
It should also be easyer to delete scenery's maybe they should light up when u place ur cursor on it and when there are more above each other u should be able to chose wich one you want to delete/move/flip.

_Mancer_
February 9, 2005, 8:06 pm
Mm no more responses? Odd I thought this would reel in a lot.

Maluno
February 15, 2005, 2:43 am
An excellent idea, but having individual scenery pieces being movable after placement like polys are now would benefit from an even better tool: lasso. This would allow you to select individual polys or sceneries, depending on which mode you are in. I know this has been suggested before, but it never got anywhere.

_Mancer_
February 15, 2005, 9:15 pm
I dont think this was suggested before..

BManx2000
February 15, 2005, 10:14 pm
I'm not exactly sure if this could be done without changing soldat and not just the map maker...

Darkspirit
March 4, 2005, 8:24 pm
Mmmm... i like your idea mancer, i just dunno why michal did not thought about it before, seriously.

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 6:42 pm
sometimes the obvious is overlooked, i like that idea, its simple, and very worthwhile!! i had to take the scenery that i wanted inverted and opened it with GIMP (awsome prog.) and invert it there and, save it, close the map editor and then open it again so i could use the changes

Keron Cyst
July 29, 2005, 3:16 am
Posted - 04 Mar 2005
Posted - 28 Jul 2005

:-|

As for the actual idea, just make extra .BMPs. For flipping just turn the scenery over (move the mouse cursor to its left).

papasurf31
July 29, 2005, 12:33 pm
Actually, polyworks supports all of these ideas. Go download the latest version at #soldat.polyworks in IRC on quakenet. Hope to see you there :)

Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 4:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Avaraxwhen you scale vertical and horizontal the mapmaker scales the scenery into a scale with different proportions, and that sux, u know what im trying to say?? ;D

You can actually get around this. You can use the cursor keys, & the space bar to select either to stretch vertically or horizontally whenever you want, so when you have stretched it horizontally as much as you want, you can change the setting just to stretch vertically without using the mouse, which would just continue to stretch it horizontally when you move your mouse to select a different option.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 3:02 pm
if this works, i cant begin to thank you rmx!!! i needed a way to move polys with persition (please ignore the whirrring sound is only Merriam Webster spinning in his grave)

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 2:23 am
I actually think its quite pointless really. No offence but why bother?

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 2:28 am
Yea, moving and rotationg sceneries after you've placed them is supporeted by polyworks :)