CTF m79ard (Idea by lil_ramen)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
_Mancer_
February 8, 2005, 9:32 pm
Ctf_m79ard
M79-Jump style ctf map
Inspired by lil_ramen

Information:

- Not Waypointed (Seeing how a bot can't m79 jump)
- Little jet
- m79 only
- 1 custom scenery (mm1.bmp)
- 1:6 Players max

What I expect from this map:

I expect a LOT of spawn killing and a LOT of base camping. Sorry to say but this just seems like the map that someone will stay and camp and/or spawn kill seeing how the spawn points are near the flag. I did this purposly because I beleive it will make the map more challenging and a bit longer than a normal ctf game.

Enough chatting. PICTURE TYME:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Downloads:

.Rar file
----------
http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=Y3RmX203OWFyZDEucmFy

.Zip file
----------
http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=Y3RmX203OWFyZDIuemlw

Comments? Feedback? Suggestions?

Post here or msn me: mancer_0@hotmail.com

Enjoy.

chakapoko maker
February 8, 2005, 10:05 pm
[+]
it has a good space and layout. must be very fun, i wanna play this map ;)

[-]
no color, especially nothing on death poly is hmm. little scenery, and the custom one seems just a default blank.bmp.

_Mancer_
February 8, 2005, 10:37 pm
quote:...and the custom one seems just a default blank.bmp....

Actually you are incorrect there...blank.bmp has little faded black bumps on it. mm1.bmp doesnt.. its just a white box.

And good idea on the color...Ill do that.

DePhille
February 8, 2005, 11:03 pm
Yeah , i think the death polygons should have another color ; and maybe a suggestion: make a deadly ceiling ; this way the player mustn't jump too high either wich makes it all trickier ;).

BTW , if u've finished the final version , can u upload it at SoldatPage? it seems like a nice map to collect + you get better/faster hosting than that soldatworld website.

Grtz , DePhille

_Mancer_
February 8, 2005, 11:34 pm
Well I dont need a deadly celing because since there is not a lot of jet they dont go that high.

zaraza
February 8, 2005, 11:39 pm
ehhh i expected something better. I think that u made it in a hurry...
IMHO bad map

lil_ramen
February 9, 2005, 11:23 am
Looks fun...Hehe nice work. I like it... Maybe we could make an M79 jump map pack? Hehe

_Mancer_
February 9, 2005, 8:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by zarazaehhh i expected something better. I think that u made it in a hurry...
IMHO bad map

I think you think its a bad map because you don't realize that it isnt a normal ctf map. It is supposed to be simple...you need to use m79 to cross the path.

brad
February 12, 2005, 5:35 am
your link doesnt work,upload to here instead

www.soldatpage.u13.net

Melba
February 12, 2005, 4:27 pm
Mancer

take. constructive. critisism.