( search forums )
Teh SMML
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
papasurf31
February 9, 2005, 3:14 pm
I wish that the Soldat mappers league could expand to embrace modders too. Or us modders should create our own league. There are an abundance of good modders in the forums and many who are not. They all differ in their areas of expertise: gostek's, weapons, interfaces, sounds, and eventually even weapon balance and stat editing. This way, instead of individual modders releasing C or B mods, we could have a highly skilled group work together to create several A+ mods that mdify almost everything and completely change the Soldat experience. Who's with me?

DeMonIc
February 9, 2005, 3:18 pm
Seeing as what happened to SML...talk to Brick, ask for a site, and start it.As long as you can keep it alive, it will surely add a new dimension to soldat modding.

Meandor
February 9, 2005, 4:08 pm
Not to be negative about it, but i was asked to be in two of these things and even if i tried to help, it never worked. I can still give a hand if you want though.

totalcommander
February 9, 2005, 6:20 pm
I think it is a good idea!
and i got an idea for the mod progres

i read the poll thread
an i think when you start a mod youll complete it ofcause and
then make a poll about the theme for the next mod

like ask witch mod people want now
6 votes for a nam mod
9 votes for vampire mod
5 votes for C&C mod

you get it
then the hole forum could help to chose witch mod to be made

lieroguy
February 9, 2005, 7:13 pm
You know, i never was really into mods. They seemed to be a pain to remove, and making copies of soldat just to mod is more trouble than it's worth, just to get a new look and sounds. Soldat is soldat. If I wanted a counter-strike mod, I'd play Counter Strike.