( search forums )
A new idea for SCTFL 6
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
-Shady-
February 10, 2005, 2:29 am
As I was talking with members from my clan, an amazing idea arose. With the bragging rights of winning the sctfl 6, the winning clan would also be rewarded with...yes you guessed it, MONEY. Just think how awesome it would be to play a game online for money, winning a nice hefty sum and having the memorable experience of entering into this massive tourny and winning flawlessly. So, for the next SCTFL, we were thinking of the possiblity of issuing a small "Sign up fee" so that the winning clans could earn some extra dough. Ofcourse, the people incharge of this wouldnt profit off it, only the clans who win.

We just want to know what your response to this is, are you go for it? or do you want SCTFL to remain the same? Sure, this post doesn't merely sum up the entire process of how this tourny would happen, just a thought as to improving the soldat community, and its entertainment level.

So what do you think?

Marbire
February 10, 2005, 2:31 am
I think it's a good idea. I know most clans wouldn't want to pay, but I know that most of the big name clans would be willing to pay a small entrance fee, so that the 1st place winner could get a prize.

It would give incentive to win, but it wouldnt be a big loss if you lost.

I would do it.

Gen0cide
February 10, 2005, 2:31 am
What the 'censor' I was thinking of this this morning!!!!!LMFAO thats weird.Exactly the same..

Chakra
February 10, 2005, 2:51 am
I had this same idea but for duels a little while ago. But putting it into a ctf league? risky...who from the clan benefits? it'd have to be alot for it to be split individually

Deleted User
February 10, 2005, 2:52 am
You could have each clan applying submit a small fee, such as $1-$5, and the winning clan gets the turnout.

Kazuki
February 10, 2005, 2:59 am
Takes a lot more organization than that, but it could be organized. Only thing I'm concerned about is that people will take the tourneys more seriously than they already do.

peemonkey
February 10, 2005, 4:12 am
what about those who dont want money?

Gen0cide
February 10, 2005, 4:26 am
I was thinking of spreading the money equally to the *participating* members in the winning clan and keeping the remainder to pay for hosting and such.
And whoever didn't want the money,could donate it to us.
But this was my idea,and his is his.
If you like it,I better be an admin,lol.

Denacke
February 10, 2005, 10:46 am
I wouldn't be willing to pay an entrance fee.

Meandor
February 10, 2005, 1:20 pm
This is really stupid. Pro leagues have prizes because they're sponsored, clans don't have to pay to enter, in some they might have to, but it's for organizative fees (+servers, etc) and not to have a prize pot. Also, there are so many issues with leagues and clanwars right now, add money and you've got yourself the perfect way to kill a league.

Rhombus
February 10, 2005, 1:53 pm
well, since most clans just participate for fun, sctfl would lose a lot of clans. Which would get the winning clans less money. And if there is not much to win, why would you give money for it. You might lose more than u win. then sctfl= dead

Taxista
February 10, 2005, 2:30 pm
Bad idea because in some countries its dificult to make a internacional bank transfer. Like here, in Portugal, if we want to make a 5$ inter transfer we have to pay a 25$ for addicional tax. And by mail it wouldnt arive the money.

[S][K]Taxi

ThaD
February 10, 2005, 3:16 pm
nah too many bugs in this game

Teh Panda
February 10, 2005, 3:58 pm
I think Soldat isnt ready for money tourns yet. As ThaD said...

Marbire
February 11, 2005, 9:56 pm
It appears the public disagrees.

No money then.

frogboy
February 11, 2005, 11:06 pm
And judging by the previous SCTFLs, it'll die half way through, then where does the money go?

Sneaky Bstard
February 12, 2005, 2:28 am
the last sctfl did finish though :/

MikeShinoda.pheonix
February 12, 2005, 5:19 am
who would keep all the money until the end of the tourney? every think of that? They might just keep it to themselves. Even though i know this will never get off the ground, i just had to give another reason because i disagree so.

Psyker
February 12, 2005, 5:39 am
lol soldat isnt cs

Marbire
February 12, 2005, 7:16 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyAnd judging by the previous SCTFLs, it'll die half way through, then where does the money go?

SCTFL5, which was under the control of Fabmanx and myself, finished.

quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixwho would keep all the money until the end of the tourney? every think of that? They might just keep it to themselves. Even though i know this will never get off the ground, i just had to give another reason because i disagree so.

Someone from the community who has been around a long time and is trustworthy? Of course we thought of that.

Anyways, this was in no way planned for SCTFL. It was just an interesting idea, and we wanted to know what the community thought. Obviously, the community, and soldat, isn't ready for this type of thing.

Thank you and that is all.

Messiah
February 13, 2005, 5:47 pm
When SCTFL Start?

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 12:34 pm
paying methods could be a problem....and i would't pay anyway...Soldat is better like this.

Hektik Sniper
February 14, 2005, 12:35 pm
holy giant sig batman, welcome to bansville, etc.

frogboy
February 15, 2005, 4:21 am
[IMAGE]

:O

February 17, 2005, 11:09 am
I would love to, problem is can't. I live in malaysia and its pretty hard to send cash, not to mention risky. Scary thing is, i can't play properly cos i am a victim of lag.