( search forums )
CTF_Split
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
AWH_ReApEr
February 11, 2005, 3:50 am
I started this map a LONG time ago, but it got lame with me, so I gave up. I found the file yesterday and decided to finish it up. Here's the result.

[IMAGE]

-->Download<--

Rambo_6
February 11, 2005, 5:09 am
not bad, but i have some nitpicky things to say :p

1. I like the layout, but it's a bit too airy. Try cramping it up a bit more to add pinch poits/jet areas.
2. I find that not many people add key elements like sandbags/obstacles. These add to the fun of the gameplay, and look good.
3. As a general rule i try to make the outer walls much thicker than the rest of the map. It gives it a more 'solid' feel.

good work otherwise. ^ ^

Deleted User
February 11, 2005, 8:31 pm
I don't much like the background color, or the fcat that the upper platform is supported by what appears to be barbed wire. The layout looks like it would be an intense match since there's not many places a flagger could find safety in. Good job though.

AWH_ReApEr
February 11, 2005, 11:35 pm
I agree with the fact that it is too open. I didn't put a ton of effort into this one. =\ Like I said, I found the file from a LONG time ago, and decided I might as well finish it. One of these days, I might decide to work on it again and make the middle/low path a little more cramped.

Right now, I'm working on finishing another map I started a long time ago. Though I doubt many will like it, seeing as there's one way into the base for each team. Not a popular map style.

And, yes. It is, in fact, supported by barbed wire. Super-Duty barbed wire? XD

Deleted User
February 12, 2005, 12:58 am
Presentation: 8.0/10

your shading is good expect for that middle part where you added some red, you should try olive or just green there. the scenery placement is solid in most parts but the problem with scenery is your lacking scenery. background color isnt that great.. but it suites the overall polygon colors and scenery.

Gameplay: 7.5/10

I really like the layout of this map and I personally think you should try to remake this map with a few changes, firstly as rambo_6 said, cramp up teh middle part a little more, make it a bit more vertical, the lower tunnel shouldnt be so smooth, its bad for ricochet accross the entire tunnel, make some rough areas, the floating chunk of polygons in the middle upper part should be removed. try to cramp up the middle and make it more vertical so the void isnt felt. if you can remake this map nicely it can be a really solid map. i havent played this map yet so i dont know if there are any map bugs..

overall score: 7.75/10

overall this is a unique and good map that with few changes can be a superb map.

Boxo
February 12, 2005, 7:09 am
The layout is not too inventive, and it looks like the middle way will be the one used most of the time. Also, the tunnels are too smooth, allowing for easy and effective autospam and barretcamping. Try making the outermost edges of the map a bit broader, too.

The shading is good, tho, as always.

chakapoko maker
February 13, 2005, 7:40 am
[+]
looks nice. there's a good space for fast action. gameplay will be fun because it's simple.

[-]
bad thing doesn't stand out, but i feel to want something hot and strong like a scenery structure on a hill.