( search forums )
CTF_Forbidden_Jungle
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
AWH_ReApEr
February 12, 2005, 5:14 am
Yep, another one. This is another one that I started a long time ago and just decided to finish today.

I'd really appreciate if somebody would waypoint this for me.

Also, constructive critisism is greatly appreciated. If you find bugs, please let me know.

[IMAGE]

-->Download<--

The Geologist
February 12, 2005, 5:31 am
Wow...at first glance, I'm impressed. Shading looks sexy, colors look good, and I like the middle portion.

Scenery is a bit lacking, and that vast open space in the middle might be a little annoying...but I'll leave that for when I test the map. Lookin' good man :D

peemonkey
February 12, 2005, 5:55 am
i like it cept what for the background and the lack of that there purdy pictyoors in the map

Boxo
February 12, 2005, 7:03 am
Seeing the polygons in the middle building can be hard, they mix up with the background. Also, there's only one way to the base, which can easily be cut off by nades and snipers.

AWH_ReApEr
February 12, 2005, 8:30 am
Okay, here's the deal:

I just got out of a 3v3 game with this map. It was actually lots of fun despite the one-entrance ordeal. If you get smart, you can ricochet bullets off the ground around the entrances and hit their camping snipers and what-not. You can also spray over the big things on either side that go straight up. If you fly up high enough and start spraying, the bullets come down on top of the little shacks and ricochet down the side of it. Pretty cool. =D

Also, in-game it's quite easy to tell the difference between the cave's background and the pollies in there. I might take some in-game screenshots tomorrow. I'm extremely tired at the moment.

Over-all, I'm pretty satisfied with the way this one worked out, unlike CTF_Split. =S

And thank you, all, for your feedback.

GluLm
February 12, 2005, 6:21 pm
Not bad, but it really lacks of sceneries just like your other map ctf_split.
Think about it. Those huge platforms in the air can't fly around like that.
Add some more lianas and links between the ground and platforms.
Other than that, this green colour is a bit too bright in my opinion. Try some darker colours too.
The map is ok anyway, just lacking of scenery graphics.

chakapoko maker
February 13, 2005, 7:49 am
[+]
deep color suits a jungle map ;)
i like the holes of the upper platform that's good for flying through it. that big col looks powerful and unique.
[-]
the neck near the base will kill the gamaplay without proper respawn time that would be longer than other maps in the server. i think a secure area doesn't need both of flag and respawn because the game never end by the endless reinforcement just at the object.
it's too dark in the mount. put light for visibility of the ground.