( search forums )
pros and cons of sniper lining
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
ryuji
February 12, 2005, 7:36 pm
ive been playing soldat with barret for 1 year now and ive never used sniper line but do you think its useful? most people say once you get used to it you cant use other weapons then but i dont care because i use only barret but then my friend says only new beginners use it gosus dont? is this right? is it a must have for a sniper?

Alamo
February 12, 2005, 7:51 pm
it's quite handy for barretnoobs. like that you can aim a bit better... but if you are a good player there's no need for it because you play with your feeling, not really at sight.

when it came out i used for quite some time but stopped using it when i joined the esl (there's a rule against the SL) there were no problems for me to play without it. i never turned it on again... i think it's pretty much useless.

DeMonIc
February 12, 2005, 8:10 pm
The thing about you can't use other weapons is bullcrap.The sniper line helps out pretty much, atleast if you're used to that kind of aiming.At a time I used M79 with sniper line, and it worked! Modifying your bulletts to be more visible helps more than using a sniper line IMO.

Lt. Sneezy
February 12, 2005, 8:11 pm
If you camp alot, it helps. But if you're mobile, it doesn't really help, seeing as the bullet doesn't go perfectly straight unless you're standing still.

Felix
February 12, 2005, 9:24 pm
The bullet goes out with the gravity,so the sniper line is not necessary when you move,
but if you camp (><) it help,I think that you don't have to use it,because you play with
barret for a year ago =)

Droopy
February 12, 2005, 9:35 pm
It works with all weapons, trust me. I dont even know why it's called the sniper line. The barret bullet doesnt even cover it.

Niff
February 12, 2005, 9:54 pm
quote:The barret bullet doesnt even cover it.

When I was a barrett newbie when 1.2.0 was released (yeah, I haven't been here long.. back on track) I had the sniper line and the Barrett all the time. Whenever somebody dropped past that line, press the trigger and they die, plain and simple. Either it's been changed or people just have no idea how to use the gun anymore.. a grenade and a few deagle shots into where they're hiding usually does the trick.

ryuji
February 12, 2005, 11:32 pm
hmm if it doesnt really make a difference wonder why its banned on esl

Michal
February 13, 2005, 12:32 am
I used the sniper line in 1.2, I rarely used the barret, I just found it a little useful.
When 1.2.1 came out I stopped using it cause I didn't like the small crosshair :P

AerialAssault
February 13, 2005, 1:18 am
ive never used it, but i think it would only help with barrett.

nazikilla
February 13, 2005, 1:29 am
i have used it almost all the years i have spent playing soldat. i think its useful for all weapons. for example, when shooting an m79, you can have a good guess at where its gonna go by looking at your sniper line. if your experienced like me, then you should know about how far the grenade will fall. i compare the sniper line to the grenades usual fall and it helps a little. one cannot call the sniper line noobish because it doesnt make much of a diference with your skill. it doesnt make you better or worse, but if your used to either using or not using the sniper line i think you should just stick with what you're used to.

BManx2000
February 13, 2005, 2:11 am
The sniper line helps to aim at people while keepeing your cursor ot the edge of the screen, so you can see farther. In this respect, it is useful for all weapons. It is also useful while sniping to make sure there isn't a polygon between you and the cursor.

Green Barret
February 13, 2005, 8:18 am
When i used to play 1.1.5 I found the sniper line to be quite useful. As Bmanx said, it really helps you avoid shooting terrain or team mates. It also prevents you from losing track of the crosshair, especially in the really chaotic moments.
I've stopped using it in 1.2.1 because the crosshair got small.

Deleted User
February 15, 2005, 7:14 pm
Ofcourse it helps, if your aiming for far away and someone comes to near you from down (or up), you can aim him with sniper line, when cursor is far ahead... confusingly sayed? sry if.
Mostly n00bs use barret, but many (or "many") pros too...It's just easy starting weapon. It was mine starting weapon too (now only using it on Infiltration).

Spectral
February 16, 2005, 1:48 am
it may help...but it you're truly a man, then don't use it