( search forums )
Auto-Download Folders
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Michal
February 13, 2005, 4:50 pm
I think there should be seperate folders for maps, scenery, and textures that are automatically downloaded.

Often, I find it hard to distinguish which scenery is default and which was downloaded. I've noticed that mappers often don't remember which scenery is default and which isn't, so they have to include a bunch of scenery in the zip which is default. And after getting so many maps I become unsure of which are default and which are not.

This way, it would be a lot easier to get rid of crappy noob-made maps/scenery so my mapllist and folders are not cluttered.

damnnation
February 13, 2005, 5:13 pm
yes this is a good idea me likes

DeMonIc
February 13, 2005, 5:24 pm
It was like that during the beta tests, but Michal removed it, it's more simple this way.

BManx2000
February 13, 2005, 8:36 pm
No, it sucks.

EDIT: And by that I mean, it sucks the way it is now.

chakapoko maker
February 14, 2005, 12:01 pm
i use v1.2 for only mapping since autodownload brings a plentiful crap into my folder. i can't imagine how you guys map with that messed files. it's annoying to swap it with the default folder everytime. the old version has essential bmps and they never be polluted. this is the way mappers need atm and always.

Captain Ben
February 14, 2005, 11:09 pm
i don't really care about this, because sometimes when i'm making a map, it's good to see what some other people come up with, and use it in my maps.
especially tanks and statues.

Magniitude
February 15, 2005, 12:37 am
But you want to give the credit to the people who made those too.

Captain Ben
February 16, 2005, 11:45 am
quote:Originally posted by MagniitudeBut you want to give the credit to the people who made those too.

yeah, i try to do that, but people don't just leave their names on the scenery they make!
but, now that i think about it, it is a good idea.