( search forums )
Check out 'Ultimate CTF'
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Kevin
January 23, 2003, 3:26 am
Hey everyone! I know some of you might have been playing in it, but if you haven't try going to Ultimate CTF. It is really, really fast (cause of my 1337 computer and internet) and usually gets a lot of players. No cheaters, or lag. Look for it when you play Soldat!

Snipa_WarezdudeJG
January 23, 2003, 11:22 am
actually i got lag yesterday and other players said they did too so... and it was only like 14 players max or something so not that many :(

Outcast
January 23, 2003, 12:35 pm
only 14 players max? ugh...

thewooddogg
January 31, 2003, 3:48 pm
Three common problems I find with connections on Soldat:

1.) The biggest is location. People seem to be playing Soldat from all over. I run the US West Coast Server and I get connections from people in Austrailia, etc. Slows it down quite a bit.

2.) Second biggest is connection speed... from asking people playing on my server, it seems like quite a few have older computers that can't play newer games and/or stuck on dial-up connections. I'm not saying everyone is on dial-up, but quite a few people seem to be. If someone from Austrailia joins my server and has a ping of 800, they can play, but everyone elses ping will jump up 50-100. I hate to do it, but I end up kicking people with ping over 600 or so when the servers full. So lower pings can join. Can't wait to see some sort of admin mod that allows you to set a max ping or something.

3.) I can't say much (since I don't know how to code) but the netcode may be some of the problem. Although I think my first 2 points cause many more problems then the netcode. I've had a few times where everyone on has less then 300 ping and the games were awesome!