( search forums )
My Flash Website
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Vijchtidoodah
February 13, 2005, 5:01 pm
I thought that this was a little bit more special than to be thrown into the links thread.

This was for some physics project that didn't actually have anything to do with physics...I know there are mistakes and such but I didn't really care because the work I've already done has earned me an A.

Anyhoo, I had a nice little suprise when I realised that I didn't have to force you guys to download the files to see this, but noobface's own site has done all the work for me.

So, without further ado, here's my little flash animation site.

Energy Crisis

(Best viewed full screen)

Try to wait for it to load completely before you go clicky crazy on it, otherwise it'll skip around like nobody's business.

Deleted User
February 13, 2005, 5:44 pm
Heh, I like the little animated family.

Vijchtidoodah
February 13, 2005, 7:37 pm
I always chuckle when I watch the end of that animation

The Geologist
February 13, 2005, 7:40 pm
That's a really cool site man...I'm glad to see someone pushing a site like that on here. More power to ya. Any plans to expand the site and include more facts about what's going on and what can change it? I know there are interesting articles out there about things such as hydrogen based fuel cells and other up and coming technologies.

Deleted User
February 13, 2005, 7:48 pm
Music at websites is lame. If it's not annoying midi music that is.

Vijchtidoodah
February 13, 2005, 7:50 pm
I was going to add something about the conservation of minerals and ores, but nobody finds that stuff interesting. :P

Just kidding...actually, while I do care about this kind of stuff, I don't think that anything I could do would affect it. So in the end, I just resolved to do the bare minimum to get the grade I wanted. I don't think I'll expand it...

On a lighter note, I'm glad that I finally found somewhere to host that damn thing...even if I'm leeching off of noobface. I hope he doen't find out.

Vijchtidoodah
February 13, 2005, 7:52 pm
"Music at websites is lame. If it's not annoying midi music that is."

I almost understood the first sentance, but the second one totally confused me...what are you trying to say? That the music is annoying?

Deleted User
February 13, 2005, 8:07 pm
I was saying that all music at websites is lame except for annoying midi music.

STEELIX
February 13, 2005, 8:18 pm
annoying midi music isn't lame? :D

Vijchtidoodah
February 13, 2005, 8:47 pm
To each his own...I groove to that loop.

Alamo
February 13, 2005, 9:23 pm
heheheheh ehheheheh ehehhe *thud*

;)

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 6:56 am
quote:Originally posted by STEELIXannoying midi music isn't lame? :D

Yarr

n00bface
February 14, 2005, 7:26 am
it's a pretty cool website, but i don't know what the actual assignment was. if it was to create a simple website, then why didn't you get extra credit? :O

and no, i don't mind when people leech off of my space, that's why i have that nice little uploader with the individual folders :] it's not a very advanced uploader though, you can't navigate folders or delete stuff. for that i give super cool people super secret ftp access :E

Milkman Dan
February 14, 2005, 9:26 am
by super special, he means me ^___^ <3

DT
February 14, 2005, 9:50 pm
must save energy... must eat human flesh for extra energy instead of ravi ARG gez damn that site.
how long did it take you to make that? and that music...althoughyou did forget sparky the mouse

Vijchtidoodah
February 14, 2005, 11:58 pm
The assignment was to create some crappy project for energy conservation, but I needed something to do so that I could learn to make flash sites. It's the first thing that I've ever done, so that explains the ugliness. Next project: VijchtistarRunner.com...

"must eat human flesh for extra energy instead of ravi ARG gez damn that site."
Do I want to know what that said?

It took me about two weeks, but most of it was spent looking for appropriate pictures and hanging around flash developer forums looking for neat tips on how to get things to work.

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough money to pay sparky for a cameo, but he said he'd do it if I could get Minnie to do it with him.

Flash is such a time consuming thing.

I know most of you won't understand what all this means, but I've got 135 objects in that thing (buttons, movies, graphics...) and over thirty six seperate timelines (rows of listed actions for a particular set of objects) that each have over 230 frames (like a movie, each one has a different look, settings, and interaction options), not to mention the frames and stuff for the seperate movies within movies and all the actionscripting (coding language that tells the movie what to do). Then, each individual picture has had to have been editted in either flash or photoshop and all the music had to be editted to fit the time slots for each particular action.

It was definitely worth it to learn how to do all that crap, though...