( search forums )
New Matrix Mode (my fantasy! :P )
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zarstar
February 13, 2005, 10:45 pm
In the past I've suggested a Matrix Mode, but without very new ideas..
now, while i was going in the kitchen (for eating!) I've thinked to an idea...
sincerely, I think that it can be a Very Great Best stupid idea..but because writing ideas in this forum is free (I don't have to spend money! yeah!) I'll write it here!

I thinked to a normal Soldat but with two teams, Humans and Agents (machines).
for deathmatch,capture the flag or even a new mode in which humans have to help each other to go oout Matrix through phone boxes (it's only a idea..a far idea).
However, the "distance combat" is normal soldat, but with a new button which you can avoid bullets (like neo in matrix) only if you press the button in a perfect time..But you can spend Matrix Power Bar.
But the very idea is that there is a "close combat" mode.
If you go near an opponent, you can press the DUEL BUTTON and enter in close combat mode. Even here you can use the Matrix Power Bar, so you can't do a unuseful use of it..however, I thinked to a little window that opens and zoom you and the opponent(less than a quarter of the screen, in the right angle for example) and in it you combat in a street fighter mode, simple but with Timing..

An idea for close combat (but I think it can be much better...)
for example, 5 buttons: punch, kick, jump, block and matrix power. Punch and kick change with directions (high, medium, low), to block you have press with timing, and matrix power is for do incredible attacks (like matrix..)...I think it's very stupid..I think that thinking on how to create it, it can be very fun...

In close combat you can do matrix moves, and the game slows (bullet time), while the others continue to combat each others externally (for example while in close combat it can create a barrier in which bullets stops and fall down like Neo do in the First Matrix Movie..)

The close combat end with one die or one escape...

It's only an idea that can be developed togheter..
Even if it can be the more stupid idea of 2005! yeah! ;)

Meandor
February 14, 2005, 1:14 pm
..as long as you stop calling it matrix mode, because it's a rip off. Soldat is technically a shareware, so it'd be violating copyrights.

Judge_Man
February 14, 2005, 6:18 pm
Zarstar, i didn'T teach you the lesson last time??
You want some more flamming and reason how that WON't gonna work??

1) you would need to use like 5 more buttons to play that and it would just be TOO complicated. Imagine, moving with "w,a,s,d", using the mouse, and trying to do tricks with other buttons. NO.
2) AGAIN, This is not matrix, it's Soldat: A simple, very simple game, but god damn fun.
3) Indeed, this is the stupidiest idea of 2005! Congrats to you.

The Geologist
February 14, 2005, 6:29 pm
Indeed..this is just jibberish. Your best chance of making a "Matrix" mode in soldat is continueing with your gosteks and some new mods/maps.

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 6:31 pm
Yes, a gold chain with the word stupid is needed in this ocasion,yay for zarstar you have won this gold (plated but you'll never notice will you thicko?) chain with the words 1337 suX0z on it (elite sucka) and this gold (no actualy it's chocolate coin foil on a brass shape but what the hell) chain withthe word stupid on it as mentioned earlier.

Swebonny
February 14, 2005, 7:36 pm
WTF WITH U ALL GUY??? U dont need to kill Zarstar for it. Well u dont kill him but, u guys like hate Zarstar or something... I liked the idea but it is ti difficult...

zarstar
February 14, 2005, 10:20 pm
Oh,but now I want the gold chain!
NOW I WANT IT!
And my price for the more stupid idea of the year...

But you're so acid...I want to know your suggestions...and I want to make a great great sh..t on them!
Eh eh! This is your price! eh eh...

..I'm waiting for the price..

Captain Ben
February 14, 2005, 10:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by zarstar
..I'm waiting for the price..

uhhh... prize?

also as said above me it is way too complicted to put in.
i changed all the buttons for soldat so i could play it easier with my one arm.
how am i meant to run, jump, dodge, punch, and fly at the same time.
and i really only have one arm, i was trying to be dramatic ;)

zarstar
February 15, 2005, 10:44 am
The idea was to remain commands at the same!
The other buttons are only for close combat!

blackdevil0742
February 15, 2005, 5:33 pm
i like the idea, nice and sounds fun. But it's to compicated.

The Geologist
February 15, 2005, 8:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by zarstarThe idea was to remain commands at the same!
The other buttons are only for close combat!

That's exactly what the problem is. You have five buttons for close combat, on top of the four that would actually move you, on top of moving the mouse. No one has that many hands/fingers, and it's too...much. The sooner you get that the better.

Svirin Kerath
February 15, 2005, 9:30 pm
"New Matrix Mode (my fantasy! :P )"

don't force others to be a part of your weird fantasies, you freak!

zarstar
February 15, 2005, 10:16 pm
FORCE OTHERS...???
Why write a simple idea it's " force others to be a part of.. " ??
Wow!

Judge_Man
February 16, 2005, 1:01 am
Dude, buy a game named : ENTER THE MATRIX!!!

Like this game is Your mode, + it's in 3d, and it's matrix!!! WOOEOWHOWHRWOHRWOHWOHROW

Now stop that matrix mode fantasy.

zarstar
February 16, 2005, 10:51 am
I don't like it...It's horrible! Even if it's Matrix, it's horrible..
I LIKE SOLDAT! ;)

Captain Ben
February 16, 2005, 11:18 am
i also recall you saying above, that to exit close combat mode, one of them has to die.
so what's going to stop a trinity 'poppin' one of in neo's head while he's fighting with morpheus?

zarstar
February 19, 2005, 1:12 am
I've said One of them die or escape!

Judge_Man
February 19, 2005, 5:47 am
It just won't work Zarstar. Admit your defeat.

zarstar
February 19, 2005, 2:18 pm
Oh,I've admitted it before writing this topic!
I've only answered him...read...

Magniitude
February 19, 2005, 4:09 pm
honestly stop making modes baesed off other games.

zarstar
February 20, 2005, 1:29 am
On what games is it based????

Captain Ben
February 20, 2005, 4:50 am
enter the matrix- crappy combat system?
no offence, but it is still a crap idea :P

zarstar
February 20, 2005, 12:11 pm
Oh,sorry...I never played Enter The Matrix...

diediedie119
February 28, 2005, 7:58 am
sry zarstar but 2 complicated and like someone said who stops trinity poppin a bullet through neos head when hes fighting

February 28, 2005, 11:32 am
Yeah, how do we wall run? Or do a spin kick? This isn't mortal comba where we can do combos and stuff like that. The only thing soldiers are train for in martial arts is to kick the [IMAGE], cos thats where it hurts, alot. They don't pull insane jumps, they don't wall run and they don't pilot Personel gatling gun toting, machinated death dealing APCs!

MercyM
February 28, 2005, 1:36 pm
I don't even like "The Matrix" ._.

Judge_Man
February 28, 2005, 5:16 pm
Don't put more attention in Zarstar topic please. He already got flamed badly.