( search forums )
Problem creating soldat server
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
February 13, 2005, 11:59 pm
I try create a soldatserver in debian, i set all stuff but when a player wanna play in my server he cant connected and the ping indicator is on ???

-= Soldat Dedicated Server 1.2.1 - BETA 2.2.61 =-

----------------------------------------------------------------
Caution! This software is still in BETA phase.
Soldat Dedicated Server initializing...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hit CTRL+C twice to exit
Please command the server using the Soldat Admin program
Welcome to Soldat 1.2.1
Server name: Soldat Server
B2B
Server IP: 127.0.0.1 Port: 23069
Connection for file server started. Port: 23079

That is the "report" in console i dnt why says Server IP: 127.0.0.1, when my ip adress is another and i dnt know how change.

Plz i need some help, sorry but my english sucks xD

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 4:47 pm
anyone? :(

FliesLikeABrick
February 14, 2005, 5:20 pm
did you open the ports that you nede to open? look in the sticky in the server corp forum

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 7:45 pm
I have a similar problem that noone will help me with..... Except my port keeps changing, so I can not give a genereal port permission from my router port forwarding.

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 9:42 pm
Yep iam have open port 23073-23100

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 9:46 pm
OOps 23063-23100

Deleted User
February 15, 2005, 12:03 am
Ok i fixed that problem , and now when i change map the server kick me out. :(

n00bface
February 15, 2005, 12:55 am
Please use the [IMAGE] edit function in the future, to combine your posts or make any changes rather than triple post corrections. Anyhoo, do you get a message when it kicks you out? Is the server on the same network you're trying to connect to it from? Maybe it's a custom map and you don't have the map so it's asking you to reconnect to download it? If you set the map in the mapslist.txt, be sure you've got all the map names right. That means you need to check to be sure you've got the caps in the right place, etc (It's case sensitive.)

btw, it would also be nice to know: when the map changes, kicks you out and you rejoin, is the map that you get when you rejoin the same map that the server attempted to switch to?

Deleted User
February 15, 2005, 1:58 am
Hi, in relation to the same question of Blackthorne, it is necessary that the names of the maps in the maplist are identical to the form in which writings in the MAPS folder, as example: ctf_Volan = ctf_Volan or it does not matter like write: CTF_VOLAN = ctf_Volan.

thx.

n00bface
February 15, 2005, 2:19 am
Not sure if that was a question or a statement, so I'll answer it anyways. It is required that the names in the mapslist.txt are displayed as they are displayed in the maps folder (sans ".PMS"). However, in your case, it still will not work because you spelled 'Voland' as 'Volan' :P

Deleted User
February 20, 2005, 4:08 am
Ok thx, i fixed all problem, but i have a question, who i can make differents name for every servers with one soldat installation? or one soldat.ini? In linux...?