( search forums )
CTF The Long Haul - Barely-any-jet-map (final)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Rambo_6
February 14, 2005, 3:52 am
Okayz, here's another map i made which is non symmetrical (in terms of polys).

The only things that are pretty much symmetrical are the backboards for the bases, but it doesn't affect anything.

The map is botted, but the waypoints could be made better.

And there is one major issue: the bridges. They are non bullet coliding, so when the flagger dies, the flag falls through! :D This is funny, but there is a potential lag problem with this.

The map has a custom texture, and custom sceneries.

Comments?

EDIT: Updated the map, so it is easier to manoeuver near the flag (polys) and i also made more sceneries here and there, and removed icky out of place sceneries. i also fixed the edge graphic.

EDIT2: I fixed a lot of the sceneries (i changed them) and i also fixed any last glitches i could find. cheers!

Download the map

Overview of the map

Download the texture

Norse
February 14, 2005, 3:58 am
Very nice. Love the idea. Don't understand the name and its relation to teh map(practically every map nowadays doesnt have much relation to its name :1)...but whatever! It still rox0rz! 10/10 imo!

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 4:08 am
Ooo, I like where you put the stat guns. Very nice, good map. I look forward to trying this out later.

Rambo_6
February 14, 2005, 4:23 am
I got the name from the term 'long haul', which sorta means like a long journey... I sorta associated that with the crazy bridgedy-ness of the map...

What am i saying..? :p

bb_vb
February 14, 2005, 6:22 am
You did a really good job on this one, it looks great. Only thing is that I'm not a big fan of low jet fuel, and I found navigating a bit tricky. It's also hard to get a decent game with bots, but I reckon it could be pretty sweet online.

Lt. Sneezy
February 14, 2005, 8:15 pm
I think the name fits, because maps without jets means slow going. But it looks great, good job.

grand_diablo
February 14, 2005, 10:13 pm
This could own!

Still, Id like to know, where the flag spawns are located.

Rambo_6
February 15, 2005, 1:57 am
They are located on the ground directly under the spawn, so you can either go downwards or on the bridge.

Also, I've taken into consideration bb_vb's comment about the navigating, and i found that he is quite right. It is extremely hard to reach the base via the tunnel when it gets too vertical, i'll try working on it.

Thanks for the comments.

February 17, 2005, 11:31 am
Urm, can i have some help, i downloaded but tehre are huge white blocks near the spawn point

Rambo_6
February 17, 2005, 1:42 pm
You have to put the scenery included with the map in the C;/Soldat/Scenery Gfx folder.

Maxx
February 18, 2005, 2:25 pm
Good job!
The one thing is that it's hard to go UP the tunnels.
Otherwise great.

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 22, 2005, 7:30 am
woops, I forgot to post here:

Congrats to Rambo 6, your map made it onto Soldat Ezine's map nominations for the week of 2/14.

February 22, 2005, 11:12 am
Ok thanx for the help. I played and i found that its a great map, choke points rule. The n00bs cant get past without being barretarded :P

Rambo_6
February 22, 2005, 8:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da Lunerfoxwoops, I forgot to post here:

Congrats to Rambo 6, your map made it onto Soldat Ezine's map nominations for the week of 2/14.

Link?

MercyM
February 22, 2005, 8:03 pm
The links don't work

Rambo_6
February 23, 2005, 8:04 pm
I mean, a link the Soldat Ezine where my map was nominated...

And i need a new host, LLSC.us is under construction.