( search forums )
New Game Types
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
EndertheXenocide
February 14, 2005, 6:57 am
I have two game types that may be fun for those of you that feel like you want to play something different from the current Game types.

ZOMBIES

I understand that there is a current type of game people play that they call ZOMBIES. Well this game type is different. I actually stole the idea from Halo2. If any of you play Halo2, you probably know what I am talking about.
What the senario is, is that every player starts on one team (who are the humans), except one player (who is considered the Zombie). There are only two weapons that are enabled. They are the Chainsaw and the US Socom. The Zombie is the only one who can use the Chainsaw and the Humans can only use the US Socom, this also means that Grenades are disabled. You can have the Stationary Guns Enabled if you plese, but only the humans can use the Stationary Guns. Also there will be no Health Packs, Grenade Packs, or any of the other Power Packs. The time limit of the game will be as long as or longer than 15 minutes, you can have no time limit if you choose so. The objective of the game is for the Zombie to try to kill all of the Humans. Once the Zombie kills a Human, that Human has to switch to the Zombie's Team. In which, then that Human is now a Zombie and can only use the Chainsaw now. The game is over when every Human has died.
To decide who the new Zombie is for the next match, the first Human to die is considered the Zombie for the next game. If the team of Zombies can't kill every Human by the time the time limit is up. The Zombie who started the game will be the Zombie for the next map, in which case the Zombie gets to choose the map of their liking.
My clan Leader Reaper, has some maps that him and some others have made that work well for this game type. He will be posting them later.

Secret Service

I also stole this game type from Halo2 also.
The senerio is that there will be three teams. The teams consists of the Assasins, the Secret Service, and The President. The teams should be split up so that there are less players on the Assasins team then there are on the Secret Service teams. EX: 4 players on the Secret Service team, and 2 players on the Assasins team. The President is on this own seperate team. This game type may be hard and long, or extremely quick and easy, depends on the skill of the players on each team.
The weapons that will be enabled for this game type will be: Desert Eagles, HK MP5, AK-74, Ruger 77, US Socom, and the Combat Knife. The President can not use any of these weapons (I understand you have to start with a weapon, but The President must drop any weapons that he has and can give them to the Secret Service if they want it). The Secret Service can only use the Desert Eagles, HK MP5, and US Socom. The Assasins can only use the AK-74, Ruger 77, and the Combat Knife (The Assasins can not throw the knife at The President, but can throw them at the Secret Service). The game will end when the Assasins Successfully kill the President with their own weaponary (that means they can't use the Secret Service Weapons).
The best maps for this are Infitration Maps. But considering since Infiltraion games only have two teams, the Admin of the server can either change the President to one of the other teams either Delta or Charlie. To do this the admin must know the command for switching players from one team to another (I am not going to put in the command on the forums though). Or he could start the game type as TDM and put in a Infiltration map.

I do understand that this game type can become quite confusing at first, but after you play it a few times you should be able to remember the rules easily. Now I haven't thought of the rules for the next round to decide who will be on each team, Secret Service or Assasins. But the Assasin who Successfully kills the President will be the President for the next round.

I WOULD LIKE ALL TO GIVE THERE INPUT ON THESE GAME TYPES OR ADD SOME OF THERE OWN. I HOPE ALL WILL LIKE THESE TWO GAME TYPES.

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 12:48 pm
why only 2 weapons in zombie??? and why zombie has Chainsaw??? Chainsaw SUCK!!!! Zombie wouldn't be ablo to kill anyone with that... AND SS mode seems too complicated...I think that neither of them will never happen...

AWH_ReApEr
February 14, 2005, 11:35 pm
bahamutti: If you play Zombies the right way, it's a LOT of fun. It's not as hard as it seems for the Zombies to kill the humans with the Chainsaw. A clan member, SiN, came up with an awesome idea for maps that work great with this gametype. The maps enable the Zombies to hide in the dark and come out of nowhere and slaughter the humans. It's almost scarey knowing they're lurking around in the dark waiting for the right chance to saw you to pieces. O_O

The hardest part is finding a group of people that are willing to cooperate and play by the rules. Also, it's far more fun on a Zombie type map. I will post a couple of them in the New Maps section later on. I reccommend everyone gives it a chance. It's lots of fun. If you can't find anyone to play it with, contact me and I'll make a server for it.

MOFO NOFO
February 15, 2005, 12:35 am
UR SIG IS TOO [IMAGE]ING BIG bahamutti

The Geologist
February 15, 2005, 12:55 am
Nice spam MOFO. Way to go.

Anyhoo...the zombie idea sounds kinda interesting, moreso than the secret service. Simple is good. Although one person taking on a group of people with soccoms..could be a challenge..

AWH_ReApEr
February 15, 2005, 2:54 am
Not with the special maps. ;)

I'm going to mess with them now. I'll pack 'em up and post 'em soon.

Green Barret
February 15, 2005, 4:11 am
This should have been posted in the suggestions. And i really don't like it when people say they got ideas from Halo 2. Most Halo 2 game modes were created way before even Halo existed. Especially that secret service mode.

Anyway, onto topic, I don't think these ideas fit Soldat at all. The Secret Service and Zombie might work well in 3D, but in 2D there isn't as much places to hide as much as in 3D. Therefore, it becomes easier for only one team.

AWH_ReApEr
February 15, 2005, 6:19 am
Unless you use the right maps.

Deleted User
February 15, 2005, 6:42 am
Zombies are a great idea because no one has ever thought of that, ever.

Droopy
February 15, 2005, 2:17 pm
Juice box: what?

zombie "mods" have been in soldat for at least 2 versions now if not more. There was a time that everyone was making zombie maps(then came the LOL thing and everybody stoped making them).

BManx2000
February 15, 2005, 2:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Droopyzombie "mods" have been in soldat for at least 2 versions now if not more. There was a time that everyone was making zombie maps(then came the LOL thing and everybody stoped making them).

*cough*sarcasm*cough*

DT
February 15, 2005, 3:21 pm
heh play Starcraft or Warcraft3... cuz they got mini games that have zombies and secret service... and the president is bush... heh
soldat + your modes = -

IDF-RIPsta
February 15, 2005, 3:35 pm
I only read the first game type and it makes no sense.
There is no incentive for others to kill the zombie.
"I'll just let him kill me, then I'll be on his team and win!"
Why should I help the zombie after he killed me in the first place?

In my opinion it simply lacks appeal.

I'm surprised no one realized that it's illogical...
And if you still don't get it, just play it through in your mind.

Deleted User
February 15, 2005, 7:04 pm
Zombie could be a nice game mod, if it would already be in game so none can't break the rules. But whit those rules that depends from people to go from them or not...:S Most of games would be a desaster...But In other thought it could be fun with some guys that go for the rules, If U found that kind of players AWH_ReApEr, I'm in! (Trying can't be harm)
How it's illeagal? Halo2 have registered Zombie mode? :D

sry from bad english...

EndertheXenocide
February 17, 2005, 5:29 am
Okay, No. Halo 2 does not have a registered Zombie mode. It is a custom game that some people made up and play. I guess some people just don't like to play custom games. Also, I didn't want this to be suggested as another Game Type that you play. I just thought of this as an idea for people to play when they are bored and are tired of the current Game Types. I for one have been bored with some of the Game Types.

I guess my ideas didn't get the kind of reply that I wished for, Oh Well.

February 18, 2005, 4:53 am
Ok, its a pretty good idea, and good theory but still, you need custom maps, i mean the president isn't going to be in the middle of the jungle, unless say, his helicopter crashed

Sam
February 19, 2005, 2:26 pm
Nice ideas, but the games would have to be set up, you couldnt just have a server of a game type because noobs would join who didnt know the rules.