( search forums )
Least favorite weapon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SPARTAN_III
February 14, 2005, 7:07 am
what is yours? and give a reason

mine is the HK MP5. i don't hate it, i just think the AUG or AK is much more effective.

Niff
February 14, 2005, 7:31 am
Minigun or chainsaw, heh. Never see them used, and I never use them myself.

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 14, 2005, 7:34 am
I agree with Niff, Minigun is one of my least liked weapons.

Ezko
February 14, 2005, 7:37 am
Barret. The worst gun in the game.

frogboy
February 14, 2005, 7:59 am
Minimi. HATE. HAAAAAAATE.

EndertheXenocide
February 14, 2005, 9:00 am
I really actually hate no weapon. I just hate how people use the weapon sometimes. That is what annoys me.

MOFO NOFO
February 14, 2005, 9:04 am
i hate law.. i only liked it when u could shoot it in the air..

Skate4Razors
February 14, 2005, 11:19 am
I like all weapons. Barret is fine, if you can't kill a Barretard, then you can't be very good at Soldat. Yarrrrr!

LazehBoi
February 14, 2005, 11:49 am
I'm not quite sure which weapon I dislike the most... It would probably be the Chainsaw because it's so bad now. ;_;

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 12:13 pm
chainsaw is worsest, it SUCK. Combat knife does the same job on nerby combat, and can even be thrown...
I also hate barret, becouse it's n00bs and campers weapon...Only place barret is good is Infiltration..

sry! Barret is good on ctf and rambo too....

Flying_Dutchman
February 14, 2005, 3:55 pm
Minigun is really worse if people start spraying around with it. Once i captured the enemys flag on kampf and returned back to my base, but then some noob on my team started spraying in my direction so i got pushed back by the bullets and got killed be the enemy.

Merach
February 14, 2005, 4:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by EndertheXenocideI really actually hate no weapon. I just hate how people use the weapon sometimes. That is what annoys me.

I agree. There are no bad weapons, only players who use them badly.

I normally take M79, I prefer it, was the weapon which I start in Soldat :P, sniff :_). But sometimes I take AK, AUG, Desserts, well, I try almost all the weapons. I am better which ones than others, but try to avoid Minigun (normally player who use it is kicked), Minimi is never being used by me, I prefer other autos, and I can't aim with Spas :S. Then, the worst are Law for secondary weapons and Minigun for primary ones.

Cya all

Karvinen
February 14, 2005, 4:54 pm
Minigun is the only bad / n00b weapon, it lags the game if there are multiple minidiots.

DeMonIc
February 14, 2005, 5:25 pm
I hate fists.Nerf fists.

mar77a
February 14, 2005, 5:25 pm
I hate SPAS also! It doesn't let you shoot, and makes you fli all around the map! Yarrrr!

Teh Panda
February 14, 2005, 5:30 pm
mar77a has been haxed again... -__-

damnnation
February 14, 2005, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyMinimi. HATE. HAAAAAAATE.

same here Minimi/socom

Lt. Sneezy
February 14, 2005, 8:11 pm
I hate nades. It always seems to me that if they're even the slightest bit of lag, you either can't see them and die, or you hit someone and nothing happens.

STEELIX
February 14, 2005, 8:13 pm
I find the AK too strong usually...

Psyker
February 14, 2005, 9:37 pm
i can't aim for balls with a barret, and i'm just terrible with an ak - probably because i'm so used to the high rate of fire with steyr.

Michal
February 14, 2005, 9:44 pm
I do not dislike any weapon, but I don't like people whining about weapons...
I really disliked the barret back in 1.2 but it's not really a problem now.

papasurf31
February 15, 2005, 2:04 am
What's wrong with minimi? Is it you don't like using it or you don't like playing with it? It's well blanced weapon with a large magazine, nice accuracy and bullet speed as well as accecptable rate of fire, only it's marred by really long reload times. It's my weapon of choice.

I hate the Socom, it's useless to me and no one I've played uses it effectively either.

Green Barret
February 15, 2005, 4:16 am
I don't hate any particilar weapon, but i greatly dislike the minigun when it is used in a irritating way. I also feel that the minimi is a bit too powerful at times.

Unlucky 13
February 15, 2005, 4:36 am
Minimi, now bink is here, its the top of the block.

Shivorken
February 15, 2005, 4:53 am
the minigun ... just annoys me even though no one has been able to kill me with it yet, and also how freakin nades don't do anything to another player even when there is just the slightest bit of lag ... someone ought to fit this problem *looks at MM*

MOFO NOFO
February 15, 2005, 5:14 am
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31
I hate the Socom, it's useless to me and no one I've played uses it effectively either.

hope i dont c u on a serv with mi socom ;)

Marine
February 15, 2005, 5:29 am
Socom is most overpowered and unbalanced weapon in game.

Meh? Chainsaw. I never use it.

Felix
February 15, 2005, 5:29 am
I hate the barret and the minimi.

I always take the m79,it's the best weapon!,1 shot,1,2,3,4 kills :)

reckon
February 15, 2005, 5:32 am
I hate the minimi when used to propel yourself across the level, thats just cheap.
I however like it to mutilate the bodies of people who fall in its bullet spray.
Overall my least liked weapon is the saw, its just ineffective.

Sam
February 15, 2005, 9:43 am
Nades are great with campers because you can roll the towards them on the ground. I think the minigun is a terrible weapon, its impossible to kill with it.

zoldat
February 15, 2005, 1:57 pm
MINIGUN MINIGUN MINIGUN MINIGUN MINIGUN MINIGUN MINIGUN MINIGUN MINIGUN MINIGUN

it sucks when ppl use it to get speed, and hit everyone so they cant aim.

F3nyx
February 15, 2005, 2:33 pm
The new, nerfed chainsaw sucks... it was a lot more fun to use back when it was introduced. I think with so all the other secondary weapons capable of very fast (SOCOM) or even one-shot (knife, LAW) kills, the chainsaw could get a boost without disrupting the balance.

Minigun can be pretty annoying, mainly because people only use it for spam and surfing.

Deleted User
February 15, 2005, 2:35 pm
I've come to hate the law. I can use it decently and I don't think it's unfair or anything like that, but I hate it. Every time im in U13TM I always get a law just as I'm about to knife somebody. UGH...

DT
February 15, 2005, 3:32 pm
rg i hate the spaz... i just don't like its shooting

blackdevil0742
February 15, 2005, 5:39 pm
i don't like the Steyr. Even tho it was my first fav weapon.

fabmanx
February 16, 2005, 5:01 am
Knife sucks. I hate people running around with a knife as there primary and when your just about to kill them they pull out a knife a cm away from you, I mean ffs who cant throw a knife to a guy whos right beside them.

Marine
February 16, 2005, 5:32 am
Most people don't understand - the Minigun is not an assault rifle - it's a heavy support weapon. In Soldat it's meant to be used to soften up targets while assault units move in for the kill.

However, providing most Soldat players can't comprehend this amazing theory of "teamwork," I can't blame you for hating the Minigun.

MOFO NOFO
February 16, 2005, 8:20 am
i used minigun for a period of time, i went to ANY serv to use it, and got alot of kills, surprisingly.. ALSO, im one of those knife guys fabmanx

_Mancer_
February 16, 2005, 9:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by EndertheXenocideI really actually hate no weapon. I just hate how people use the weapon sometimes. That is what annoys me.

Words of wisdom. Listen to the man.

__SnoOpy__
February 17, 2005, 2:57 am
Flamer

It's fun, but also ruins the fun when you got killed/or time expires.

/flamer code shall return!

Captain Ben
February 17, 2005, 10:21 am
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOi used minigun for a period of time, i went to ANY serv to use it, and got alot of kills, surprisingly.. ALSO, im one of those knife guys fabmanx

not from what i've seen.
you're good with the knife, but you're not amazing mofo.

February 17, 2005, 11:04 am
Definetely minimi, pretty hard to use and i guess its to slow for the likes of me, but then again, it really depends on the mood im in. Like if i feel bored i'll take an assault rifle, if i feel tired, ill take a barret. Honestly, i've never really like the minimi, well thats just my opinion ^!^

SPARTAN_III
February 17, 2005, 11:53 am
y'know, come to think of it, the mp5 isnt all that bad. its the SOCOM that i dont like. its too ineffective, and the fact that its the only handgun secondary doesnt help.

oh yeah, minimi=good, but minigun=bad

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
February 17, 2005, 8:04 pm
my favourites are mp5 and barret...i dont know why so much people hate it....i just cant expect that a sniper wont be camping.
i hate ruger most,because its my weak point if i get attacked by a rugerman...
greetz

Zero Wiggles Murasame
February 19, 2005, 11:28 am
me no likey minigun. make me lag much. I hate dial up...

Sam
February 19, 2005, 2:07 pm
Lol, al, the noobs calling minigun a minimi. And I agree with whoever said the chainsaw could be powered up/ un-nerfed.

SpankyMcGuire
February 19, 2005, 6:36 pm
Personally I dislike the HK MP5 just because it doesn't seem to have much special about it... even thouh it sounds cool when firing. The Spas is my other least favourite because of its lack of versatility... even though it can be alot of fun close range. Surprisingly though the weapon I use the absolute least is the knife... I guess my throw button isn't in the right place and I don't bother to change it.

I don't see why people say the Socom sucks. It is a great aid for slow reloading weapons, especially the barret. As a nasty camper the Socom saved my life thousands of times as I unloaded it into some goon on a bum rush straight for me.

Minigun rocks for tunnels.... just because it is funny.

blackdevil0742
February 19, 2005, 6:56 pm
How can you say that you dislike the MP5 c'mon! It's the best weapon, atleast i think so(my fav). If you just practice with it, you would see what powers it has in defferent situations.

I agree that the socom is a good secondary weapon, some times i even used it instead of the primary weapons.

Deleted User
February 19, 2005, 7:36 pm
soco > everything else
my most hated weapon is m79, because of its bugs. its also my favourite gun, but i dont really hate any other weapons.

Sam
February 19, 2005, 7:59 pm
M79 has bugs?

Keron Cyst
February 19, 2005, 10:43 pm
My least favorite weapons:
? HK MP5, 'cuz it spits out its ammo too fast (I like the Steyr AUG better; the ROF's more manageable), and that gravity weighs more on it than other machine guns;
? 'Minigun, because just two generate lag like heck;
? US SOCOM, since it's so plain; I never spawn with a weapon that has a lengthy reload rate, so I usually pick the M72 LAW or Combat Knife;
? and the Chainsaw, 'cuz it can only kill Soldaten at a close range. Besides, I just for some reason prefer Fists over it :-D

Ezko
February 20, 2005, 3:54 pm
The Barret is technically the worst primary weapon in the game. The best weapon is the Spas. There can be no argument; assuming you hit 100%, the Spas is going to win against anything except 1 hit killers. Perhaps, you say, this makes Barret superior? Bear in mind, all game modes will involve fighting more than 1 person at a time. Put 2 snipers against 2 shotgunners of the same ability. The shotgunners will win 9/10 times.

josheat
February 20, 2005, 3:57 pm
i think the bink effect has ironed out a fair few barret problems. But i hate barret soo much. but i can usually own them with an mp5 nowadays though

SPARTAN_III
February 20, 2005, 4:05 pm
^^its like someone said in another topic "blast thoe barret mother [IMAGE]ers with the hkmp5"

now i hate the knife. it would be less anoying if the throw button was better placed, or a separate button from the drop weapon button

Da cHeeSeMaN
February 20, 2005, 4:25 pm
like i hate newbs with miniguns but if the minigun is used rite then its oke...

Deleted User
February 21, 2005, 12:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by SamM79 has bugs?

yeah. when your back is against the wall and you fire a shell, it explodes behind you with half damage or something. and there's the one where you hit a guy and he doesn't die.