( search forums )
Has the knife throw delay been changed?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Niff
February 14, 2005, 8:08 am
I swear, whenever I go to throw a knife now, I need to hold down the key for longer than I used to. Is it just me being rusty for not playing for a year, or is it something more sinister?

MOFO NOFO
February 14, 2005, 8:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Niff Is it just me being rusty for not playing for a year, or is it something more sinister?

.. the truth is out there(c)....

n00bface
February 14, 2005, 8:54 am
I noticed a definite change from 1.1.5 - 1.2. I don't know what the last version you played was though :)

Niff
February 15, 2005, 1:38 am
I started 1.2.0, heh. I got good with the knife, come back after a year, play 1.2.1 and I tend to not throw the knife well anymore. I either continue holding onto the knife when I try to throw it or I keep missing the target because it feels like my knife takes longer to throw.

F3nyx
February 15, 2005, 2:37 pm
There's definitely a delay, but I don't know if it was added after the knife-throw feature. It's about the same length as the wind-up time for a grenade-throw. I don't find it that annoying... after all, you'd have to cock your arm back before throwing in real life. Plus I often use that 1/4 second to fine-tune my aim. Practice and throwing with the delay will become natural.

Niff
February 15, 2005, 6:55 pm
Yeah, that's the problem. It HAD become natural when I was playing in 1.2.0. Guess I just lost my edge once again..

Merach
February 17, 2005, 11:19 am
I notice that delay too. I use knife as secondary weapon, I like throw it against enmies. But sometimes I click the key to throw it and inmediatelly I change to primary to continue shoting, but so often I throw the primary weapon cause "change weapon" action is faster than "throw weapon" one. It's annoying see how your primary weapon fall down and you try to hit a far enemy with fists or holding a knife that you don't espect to be "there".
But I can support this :P. I try to attack with primary, shot and kill, change to secondary knife if they don't die or there are more enemies, and with "more time", change again to primary, reload it and continue attacking or defending. Of course, I must try to recover my knife or pick up other weapon :P.
Cya

DT
February 17, 2005, 3:20 pm
i have been noticing that...cuz i've been able to dodge knifes easier... heh and i thought it as me

Niff
February 17, 2005, 6:22 pm
I seem to be gettin' used to it now. I SWEAR it takes longer to throw.

Ranis
February 20, 2005, 2:11 am
It's probably a delay, though once you get used to it you should be fine, just get used to throwing the knife sooner.

February 21, 2005, 12:28 pm
Maybe it adds realism? Pull back and throw. Builds up momentum and puts more weight. For all the times u need to shove up someones *** hole.

Will
February 23, 2005, 10:23 am
.... i didnt notice a change but maybe thats because i dont use the knife that much.

(im back :P)

Captain Ben
February 23, 2005, 10:48 am
i do!
but i use the 1/4 of a second just to fine tune my aim... damn, i'm good!