( search forums )
Movie making help
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Sam
February 14, 2005, 12:03 pm
Im sorry to create yet another help thread but i want to make my own movie and am having trouble turning my soldat demos into avi format. Fraps is useless as it records at about 2 fps even though i have a 1.8ghz processor and a good graphics card. I want to know how you go about turning them into bmps and then making an avi out of them, can someone explain this to me?

Chakra
February 14, 2005, 1:19 pm
check out pr0gers (or whatever his bizarre name is) demo viewer within this forum. This will record your demo, frame by god damn frame.

Note the following.

1. all those bmp's can take up alot of [IMAGE]ing space. I'm talking 500mb for 10 seconds.
2. all those bmp's are useless. You only need like every 3rd-5th image to make a streaming movie. If you use all the frames into converting to an AVI, it'll seem like it's in slow motion...at least it was for me, even with every frame on 0.0.1 sec per frame.
3. You'll need some video/animation styled programme. For cheap but incredible simple, download Jasc Paintshop Pro 7.+, as this comes with Animation Shop 3. Very simple to use. Alas it doesn't support sound.
4. Consider Ulead's Media Studio (not the stand-alone Video Studio). You'll need to learn how to use it, and it isn't a walk in the park. Or Adobe Premiere. Theres probably some cheapass freeware video editors you can use too, but I know not of these.
5. For the sweet love of Hitman's mum, don't make another [IMAGE]ing movie about how 'cool' a series of kills you made, or some bizarre random occurance involving a LAW. We've seen it and played it already.

Sam
February 14, 2005, 2:07 pm
how do you put them into bmps using the ddplayer?

Kazuki
February 14, 2005, 2:29 pm
Check the Extract box at the bottom. :D

Sam
February 14, 2005, 2:34 pm
OH, that little option box is hidden away well. Never knew it was there!

Sam
February 14, 2005, 7:57 pm
Ok, ive given up on that way as it takes so long and takes up so much space, I need a program that can convert demos to avis on my machine, since fraps does it at about 2fps.

Kazuki
February 14, 2005, 9:50 pm
I once had Thad suggest HyperCam (www.hypercam.com ?) Might wanna try looking it up in Google or something.

Edit: Found the direct link. http://www.hypercam.com/hc/downloads.asp

It's a free trial, I think. If it isn't, tell me and I can find it for you on www.download.com . Either way, you'll only be able to get a trial version for free.

Sam
February 15, 2005, 8:09 am
Thankyou, downlading the trial at the moment, hopefully it doesnt put an add across my movie.

Kazuki
February 15, 2005, 9:40 pm
I wouldn't know, I haven't used it, but it's worth a try.