( search forums )
Anim/POA editor
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
captainfalcon1912
February 15, 2005, 12:13 am
I got the anim/poa editor at selfkill, and when I change the anims and save them, nothing different happens. Me and 2 other friends are experiencing this problem. Help?

Deleted User
February 15, 2005, 1:48 am
Make sure you're loading the Soldat Animations first, and THEN saving them, otherwise you're just editing the defaults that are hard-coded into the program, I believe.

You should know that if you edit the animations you won't be able to play online.

captainfalcon1912
February 15, 2005, 5:18 pm
Umm..I really shouldn't be saying this, but you're wrong....I found out that the reason they werent changing,is because certain anims use sections from other anim files. What I was trying to do, is make my arms go back like a ninja by editing the run poa. I found out that the run poa uses the stand poa's arms, so I had to edit those. And also, I WAS able to play online. I got tired of always having my arms behind me(they made me aim the wrong way somehow so I pretty much got newb'd XD). When I pressed the restore button in the poa editor, and then tested out to see if they were back to normal, my head was in my crotch and I had no upper body,and along with that, the screen went completely green and red unless I ducked! XD

Deleted User
February 15, 2005, 8:48 pm
Ahh, well I'm glad you got it figured out on your own.

And don't worry about correcting me, whats important is that the right answer is found, one way or another.

Deleted User
February 15, 2005, 9:24 pm
How much do you have edit the animation for it to not work online? I'm just wondering because I tweaked the punching/knifing animation slightly a while back and I play online fine. Or is that not what you mean by animation?

Deleted User
February 16, 2005, 1:20 am
Just use trial and error, Swazo. I won't go into how far you can take editing the POA's because of certain reasons, but after a little bit of testing you should know how far you can go.