( search forums )
The Zombie Maps!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
AWH_ReApEr
February 15, 2005, 3:22 am
Okay, here they are. You guys gotta at least give them a shot. This gametype is TONS of fun. If you havn't read about this, yet read this:
New Game Types

Read the part about Zombies.

Here is some additional information:

You will notice the middle areas are well lit. This is where the Humans must stay. They aren't allowed to into the shadows.

On with the maps.

Zombie's Curse

This one was just my first attempt at a map like this. It's not pretty and it's buggy, but it's still fun.

Overview
[IMAGE]

Zombie Castle

This one is better looking, far less buggy, and more fun.

Overview
[IMAGE]
In-game screenshot 1
In-game screenshot 2
In-game screenshot 3

They are in a .zip. Extract it to your main Soldat directory and you're good to go.

-->Download<--

By the way, I believe the light sceneries are The Geologist's. Props to him for an awesome light scenery. =D

Give 'em a try. You'll have fun. Again, if you guys have trouble finding people that will play by the rules, contact me and I'll set my server up for it and we can play.

My MSN: awh.reaper@gmail.com

Rambo_6
February 15, 2005, 3:27 am
I am a MAJOR fan of zombie matches, although they lag up.

Zombie Castle would be awesome, i imagine. The first map is too spacy.

Mind if i post some of my old maps? ;)

AWH_ReApEr
February 15, 2005, 6:17 am
They aren't normal Zombie matches. Make sure you read that topic. And in case you didn't download the maps, it's VERY hard to see in the black areas. The only places you can really see yourself or others are in the center where there's lots of light.

GluLm
February 15, 2005, 12:48 pm
These lights sceneries are from IRRiTANT, first used on the map "Aster[oids]".
Feel free to fix your post.
I don't think this scenery looks good anyway... there's a better one around.

Droopy
February 15, 2005, 2:19 pm
Looks good. Gona try them out.

AWH_ReApEr
February 15, 2005, 11:48 pm
Ugh, GluLm. I guess I need to take in-game screenshots for people to realise what the point is...

paramud
February 16, 2005, 4:03 am
i havent been much of a fan of zombie matches, but they can be fun. make more maps, and [IMAGE]
post screens please

AWH_ReApEr
February 16, 2005, 4:39 am
Sorry, been busy with SDML. I'll get on top of those screens right away. ;)

-----EDIT-----

Screen One: Notice the sexy spotlights that you'll come to love as a Human.
[IMAGE]

Screen Two: Look directly above the crosshair. That red speck is me!
[IMAGE]

Screen Three: See, the middle is well-lit and easy to see in! =D
[IMAGE]

Hopefully that clears some things up. The zombies run around in the dark until the time is right. At that time, they come out and saw one of the humans and run back to the shadows. If someone is STILL having trouble grasping the concept, I will record a short demo tomorrow.

Darkspirit
February 17, 2005, 1:10 am
Wow it's awesome. U shad well, u add colours, nice zombie environment in gameplay. I also like when zombies makes you more fearful and u dont know when they kill you in the dark. I give you 95% ;)