( search forums )
Jet inquery
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
reckon
February 15, 2005, 10:41 pm
Since its possible to have a transparent head, is it possible to have transparent jets?

peemonkey
February 16, 2005, 5:42 pm
no.

MOFO NOFO
February 16, 2005, 6:03 pm
that would be cheating if ur pred, tho in b2b if you use white jets + pred u mighht get away with killing the guy with the flag.. (because white looks like snow)

Felix
February 16, 2005, 7:39 pm
It's possible to have a transparent head,just download SSCC (soldat skin color changer)

the program is in the "Fan app" forum,>fan app liste,enjoy!
but you can't have a transparent jets^^

The Geologist
February 16, 2005, 7:43 pm
Yeah..he already knew about transparant heads. Nothing new...

It would be kinda cool though...not enough to have invisible jets, but to have a bit of transparency to the color might be a nice touch. Although it's not needed, I still like the idea.

Deleted User
February 16, 2005, 8:22 pm
How exactly does the SSCC work? I thought I read somewhere that it just changed your skin color to that of one that Soldat regards as transparent. I'm not sure if that's right or not, but it always made me wonder if you could just change your shirt, pants, and jet color to that and make it all transparent. Correct me if I'm wrong though, this idea's been bugging me for a while.

Felix
February 16, 2005, 9:04 pm
you can change the transparencity of your head,you can change the color of your skin,main,pants
and the head if you want a color head^^.

your head still invisible,but you can hit it with all the weapon,it's just invisible.

n00bface
February 16, 2005, 10:00 pm
Yes, there's a shade of green soldat sees as transparent. You can see that shade of green around the weapons and scenery and stuff. No, if you set your outfit to that green it would not work because of the shading - you'd only see about 1 or 2 invisible pixels, if any at all.

Deleted User
February 16, 2005, 10:29 pm
Ok thanks n00bface.

paramud
February 17, 2005, 12:02 am
whats the code for invisible skin again?

Unlucky 13
February 17, 2005, 6:04 am
It would be... the hexdecimal for yellow. Thats all I can remember... sorry.

reckon
February 17, 2005, 6:18 am
Ah well thanks anyways for the answers, I didnt want to use this as a cheat like one poster said, rather give the jets a distinct look.
The same wave-like effect that most jets and hot air give off.

Meandor
February 17, 2005, 1:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceYes, there's a shade of green soldat sees as transparent. You can see that shade of green around the weapons and scenery and stuff. No, if you set your outfit to that green it would not work because of the shading - you'd only see about 1 or 2 invisible pixels, if any at all.

None, it'd only work if there were pure white pixels. And there isn't any, neither on gostek or jetspark.
The sscc uses another way to make the skin colour traparent, i'll check that up to see if there's a way around..

DT
February 17, 2005, 3:16 pm
transparent? try no jet exhast at all.. although it would be wierd to fly without it...

IDF-RIPsta
February 17, 2005, 4:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFO(because white looks like snow)

Amusing insight...