( search forums )
is you is prepared for war near you.....is?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
peemonkey
February 18, 2005, 1:23 am
just wondering if you guys think youd be safe from war, say if you were invaded and generally under fire in your home town? give reasons why or whynot.

Vijchtidoodah
February 18, 2005, 1:25 am
Yes, I've got a few guns to spare...

Actually, not really because my home town is a prime target to just be nuked off the face of the earth.

BTW, what's up with the "is you is" stuff?

Maxx
February 18, 2005, 1:28 am
You say is a lot lOl

:1

AerialAssault
February 18, 2005, 1:38 am
no, im only a few miles away from a military/air base. in case of a nuclear strike, i'd be toast. but if theres a ground forces invasion i'd be fine because i live near fort stewart. home of the 3rd infantry division, they acually just went to iraq.

Michal
February 18, 2005, 1:53 am
Well I think i'd be safer than most since I have at least minimal knowledge on how to operate most firearms (assuming I could get a hold of one).

And I have good common sense for example - when being shot at, get your ass down

I also have some basic medical skills like bandaging, tourniquets etc.

Yeah and I own a pair of combat boots >:]

Hitman
February 18, 2005, 2:07 am
quote:when being shot at, get your ass downLol, I'm just imagining this being said with a Polish accent...

"YOU CHEAR BOOM, YOU GET F.UCK DOWN!"

Vijchtidoodah
February 18, 2005, 2:39 am
Michal, usually when you're being shot at you try to find cover, not lay down on the ground. :P

peemonkey
February 18, 2005, 2:42 am
im not talking nuclear attack, i mean occupation.
i think i'd fare pretty [IMAGE]ing well, cause what for my gun+knife collection(used whenever possible), knowledge of surrounding towns, and not really having a home till i was 16. homeless folk kick ass when it comes to stayin alive and such...

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 18, 2005, 2:43 am
it depends, if there isn't any cover, and the enemy is far away (If you're unarmed and hes up close to you then you have no chance of winning anyways), laying prone will help in not getting shot at while you move towards cover.

AerialAssault
February 18, 2005, 3:28 am
i sure wish i had an M14 with a scope. it would rule so hard to sit in my attic window and pop heads.

peemonkey
February 18, 2005, 3:46 am
that's [IMAGE]ing wierd. someone was selling an M14 with a 4x scope and LED last time i was at the shooting range...creepy

AerialAssault
February 18, 2005, 5:22 am
well, i want a 20x scope.

peemonkey
February 18, 2005, 5:45 am
buy one at BIG 5 for $39.99

Captain Ben
February 18, 2005, 6:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal
Yeah and I own a pair of combat boots >:]

oh yeah?
i have my camo-pants and red bandana... beat that :D
who needs army boots when you can have black converses!

Vijchtidoodah
February 18, 2005, 7:04 am
A bunch of my friends would be so incredibly ready...

Every weekend they don army outfits and take out their beefed-up, automatic air-soft guns on the 3000 acre lands where they live (most of which is just empty hills with some vegetation) and play a game where if they're hit three times in the body or once in the face they're out. Because they play on such a large area, they're generally lucky if they can even get two rounds in over a twelve hour period.

That's being prepared...

Captain Ben
February 18, 2005, 7:24 am
too bad they live in america...
i'd give 'em some pain, chuck norris style!
and doing so with my eyepatch ove my good eye ')

Vijchtidoodah
February 18, 2005, 7:26 am
Have you ever thought about becoming a cyclops?
+)

Milkman Dan
February 18, 2005, 7:28 am
war coming to new zealand? HA... australia can deal with it :D

frogboy
February 18, 2005, 7:38 am
We'd be able to deal with it, and if we couldn't, America could... [IMAGE] YEAH!

n00bface
February 18, 2005, 9:17 am
yeah, my mom travels for a living, so she goes to two different locations a week. if war were to break out in my city, we'd be out of it within 3 days. hellz yeah!!11

Vijchtidoodah
February 18, 2005, 9:27 am
Is it better to fight your enemy and strive with your nation to push back the invaders, or to save yourself from any suffering and flee to another location?

IDF-RIPsta
February 18, 2005, 9:56 am
Some Air Force facts and figures if you are interested:
http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/countriesindex.htm

n00bface
February 18, 2005, 10:05 am
of course it is, i dont want to die.

Vijchtidoodah
February 18, 2005, 10:14 am
But what if your actions could prevent the murder of many others?

n00bface
February 18, 2005, 10:23 am
i don't want to [IMAGE] the other side up cos of it. i don't care about the causes of war. i don't care about who shot who to start world war 1..i don't care if some political figure gets his head blown off by some black sheep from syria, i don't want to kill thousands of syrians for it. by saving other people, that could also be achieved by NOT fighting to kill the opposing side. just as our side, the other people were probably forced into the war for the same reason. it's easier to take my own life and save people than die fighting other people for theirs. it's even easier to run away and save my life and others. if that reason sounded like total bs, then the truth is i'm a coward and value my life more than other peoples'.

Captain Ben
February 18, 2005, 11:09 am
hell yeah!
run for your life!
but first i'd have to get my handicap benifits 'D
every school holidays (approx. 10 weeks), i go to visit my mother in papua new guinea.
firstly, it's the most dangerous place in the world for its size.
i've seen muggings in the street when driving past, and the police are corrupt.
we've been broken into 3 times.
once, in a huge compound, the security guards, fijian soldiers shot and killed a rascal (criminal) and left him hanging on the barbed wire fence.
also, at my friend's place, his security guard was beheaded it was floating in the pool.
and APPARENTLY, 2 expat girls were kidnapped, taken to a mill and got raped by 80 different men.
but the wakeboardings good :D

peemonkey
February 18, 2005, 3:56 pm
i'd likely stay and fight what for me being a stubborn [IMAGE]ing scary

?
February 18, 2005, 8:52 pm
I live a bit out from town, my house is set back 100 yards from the road, also I have woods I can run into if the nazis get to close to my house, and seeing that I have alot of guns at my house and its 2 floors so i can have an elevated possision I don't think I would be too bad.

Captain Ben
February 18, 2005, 11:42 pm
what if the nazis didn't want to waste bullets?
they just dropped a buncha' zombies out to get you...
you know, like the ones on dawn of the dead (the new one) that sprint at you?
not the slow [IMAGE]ers from RE XD

Michal
February 19, 2005, 2:31 am
Dawn of the dead kicked ass, that was an awesome movie :D

Busting up zombies would be fun (until they feast on your flesh)

peemonkey
February 19, 2005, 2:40 am
lol. if the dead rose, i'd have hella fun, living next to a graveyard and all :P Ropert L. Ripley is buried there...

The Geologist
February 19, 2005, 2:47 am
Currently, I don't own a gun. I do, however, have a bat, sword (Tachi), sharp ass rock hammer, and a few other blunt objects. Give me a sword and bring on the zombies...until I get a gun. Then get a tarp or something, 'cause it'll be raining zombie brains.

peemonkey
February 19, 2005, 3:01 am
it always goes back to zombies....

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 19, 2005, 5:46 am
Geologist, just shoot them with your rock cum launcher :P

Milkman Dan
February 19, 2005, 9:40 am
Geo... specify what the other "blunt objects" are.

Captain Ben
February 19, 2005, 11:02 am
uhhh, dinosaur bones?
preferably, i'd rather be fighting resident evil zombies than the ones from DoD...
those DoD ones sprint so fast... does anyone remember the bit where the fat chick dies and sprints at the blonde chick?
and the bit at the start scared the [IMAGE] outta me with the little girl...
if zombies ever came to mooloolaba, i'd get my metal ruler and bone axe.
but let's not forget my handy-dandy pocket knife!

Vijchtidoodah
February 19, 2005, 11:43 am
I'd kill myself, and become a zombie,

Cons:
Have to eat human flesh, but I'm told it tastes like chicken...
Can't practive ballet anymore.
Uglification.

Pros:
Eternal life.